nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

How do you manage your filing system?

kathiemt

Selby, AU
170 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
kathiemt Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Nov 2012
Tue 09-Jul-13 01:37 AM

This is something I'm always interested in hearing about from other photographers. I did what just seemed systematic to me but find that others do it differently.

I use Lightroom4 to import the images into the cataloging system. As the images are imported they are keyword tagged before they're saved into their relevant folder. I tend to file all my images by dates - a folder for each day, inside a folder for that month and inside another folder for that year. I can do a search on a keyword and find the images I'm looking for. Or, if I remember something relevant from a certain time period I just go straight to that folder. I have a 2TB external hard drive for back ups but also backup/save all my best shots online at Dropbox.

How do you manage your photos?

Kathie M. Thomas
Nikon D7100 & D7000, 35mm, 60mm, 18-55mm, 55-200mm, 70-300mm and...
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/kathiesphotos
Meetup: http://www.meetup.com/Melbourne-Nikon-Lovers/
Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: How do you manage your filing system? NickMilner Gold Member
09th Jul 2013
Reply message RE: How do you manage your filing system? kathiemt Silver Member
09th Jul 2013
09th Jul 2013
09th Jul 2013
09th Jul 2013
          Reply message RE: How do you manage your filing system? kj_fi Silver Member
10th Jul 2013
10th Jul 2013
Reply message RE: How do you manage your filing system? barrywesthead Silver Member Awareded for his continued support of the Nikonians community, freely sharing his expertise, particularly in the areas of digital post processing and printing.
10th Jul 2013
10th Jul 2013
     Reply message RE: How do you manage your filing system? barrywesthead Silver Member Awareded for his continued support of the Nikonians community, freely sharing his expertise, particularly in the areas of digital post processing and printing.
11th Jul 2013
11th Jul 2013
               Reply message RE: How do you manage your filing system? paulscott
11th Jul 2013
Reply message RE: How do you manage your filing system? nwcs Silver Member Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Landscape and Wildlife Photography
11th Jul 2013
Reply message RE: How do you manage your filing system? kj_fi Silver Member
11th Jul 2013
Reply message RE: How do you manage your filing system? ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community
12th Jul 2013
12th Jul 2013

G