nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Martin Gonn

Portland, US
483 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Martin Gonn Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 18th Jun 2013
Thu 04-Jul-13 07:46 PM

I know this topic has been discussed to death for most of you, but I'm still confused. I'm just starting out in digital (my film shooting experience is from ages ago) and don't know what software to get. I have a D600 and a brand new iMac that will be dedicated to photographic work. Of course lightroom and photoshop are the standards, but then there are some users who say that, despite being slow and unstable, Capture NX2 gives a better final product. Then there are Optics Pro and Capture One. I like to manipulate my images, and I do have some modest professional ambitions, but I don't see ever having a large production workflow. And I'm not very computer savvy. So are any of the alternatives an adequate substitute for photoshop? I think I'm asking too many questions here, so I'll just ask if anyone has recommendations, considering the equipment I'm using. Thanks in advance.

Martin

Martin

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: software recommendations MikeBee Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
04th Jul 2013
Reply message RE: software recommendations Martin Gonn Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
05th Jul 2013
Reply message RE: software recommendations pdekman Gold Member Winner in The Nikonians 10th Anniversary Photo Contest Awarded as a regular contributor who offers in-depth knowledge to members who are interested in building efficient work flows.
05th Jul 2013
Reply message RE: software recommendations Luke_Miller Silver Member
05th Jul 2013
Reply message RE: software recommendations Martin Gonn Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
06th Jul 2013
     Reply message RE: software recommendations ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community
12th Jul 2013
          Reply message RE: software recommendations Bob Chadwick Silver Member
12th Jul 2013
15th Jul 2013

G