Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) topic #67315
View in linear mode

Subject: "DxO Optics Pro Processing" Previous topic | Next topic
mpage Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Jun 2004Tue 07-May-13 06:50 AM
321 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"DxO Optics Pro Processing"
Wed 08-May-13 03:15 AM by mpage

San Jose, US

I had a photo shoot job for a client on Saturday photographing his Kentucky Derby Party. I shot with the D600, the Nikon 50mm f1.4G lens, and the Nikon 17-35mm f/2.8D lens. I also used a SB800 speed light. I ended up shooting around 400 images.

This was the first time I used my new 17-35mm on a job and discovered it is difficult to get pleasing vertical lines at the 17mm side of the zoom. With DxO Optics Pro it was quick and easy to fix any geometric problems. I could have done it in Photoshop, but it would have taken minutes, not seconds, to achieve the same results. When dealing with 400 images, this is a big time saver.

Here is one of the more egregious examples of my sloppy shooting technique.

This fix took only 20 seconds in DxO Optics Pro.

Here is a Web gallery of the images from the shoot.

http://www.losgatosphoto.com/Derby/

I only adjusted each images for 10 to 20 seconds using DxO Optics Pro, correcting for exposure and geometry.

The Web gallery was produced with the Advanced version of Shozam Web Gallery Generator.

http://www.shozam.com/

I spent only 3 hours adjusting the 400 images and produce the Web gallery. This effectively created an on-line proofing system. If the clients wants any hand-done prints from the images, I can spend the time optimizing the particular images he wants.

-Mark-

My Nikonians Gallery

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) topic #67315 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.