Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Fixing Bokeh 24-120 f/4G in Postprocessing/Lightroom/Photoshop

davidahn

San Diego (Bonita), US
42 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
davidahn Registered since 10th Apr 2013
Tue 30-Apr-13 12:43 PM

Let me preface this by saying I'm looking for helpful feedback on a specific problem, so if you don't care about bokeh, no need to comment, I know you're out there and think we should agree to disagree. (Let's face it, neither is going to change the other's mind.

I tried going strictly primes for awesome bokeh (Sigma 35mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.4, Samyang 14mm), and while I AM getting amazing bokeh, it's been VERY frustrating swapping lenses all the time, or not having the lens I need when I'm traveling lighter, so now I'm leaning toward the 24-120 f/4G as my main walkaround/travel lens (I travel a lot).

I will still use primes when the bokeh is crucial, but when I don't have time to swap lenses or don't have primes with me, I'd still like to fix the busy bokeh in postprocessing. Is anyone out there fixing busy bokeh in post for images shot on a 24-120 f/4G? Can you post any examples of how much it improves? I think I saw a flickr.com forum post about this. I'll look at flickr.com too, but since so many Nikonian.org members have and love their 24-120 f/4G lenses, I thought I'd ask here as well.

Thanks in advance, Nikonians!

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Fixing Bokeh 24-120 f/4G in Postprocessing/Lightroo...

G