Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) topic #67291
View in linear mode

Subject: "Jpeg files not being copied over from SanDisk card to P..." Previous topic | Next topic
FLRuckman Registered since 02nd Apr 2013Fri 12-Apr-13 04:45 PM
12 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Jpeg files not being copied over from SanDisk card to PC"

Collinsville, US

I'd appreciate any advice on a new problem encountered since shooting with my new Nikon D7100. Here's what I'm using:
Nikon D7100
SanDisk Ultra 8GB SD card (which also has some jpeg files from sold Nikon D80).
Windows XP
Elements 5.0 (yes, I need to upgrade both PC and software, which will be topic of separate post).
My process has always been to save images on the SD cards as a redundant backup to my hard drive. Thus, I use the copy and save feature rather than copy and delete. Since moving to the D7100 I've found that some files are not being copied over....most do, but some don't and won't with multiple tries.
I'm going to stop using this card and install fresh SanDisk Extreme 16GB cards. But first, I want to get ALL files transferred to my hard drive.
Any advice as to why this might be happening, and how to fix the issue?
Thanks!
Fred in Collinsville, IL

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

barrywesthead Silver Member Awareded for his continued support of the Nikonians community, freely sharing his expertise, particularly in the areas of digital post processing and printing. Nikonian since 07th Nov 2006Sat 13-Apr-13 11:21 AM
1254 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Jpeg files not being copied over from SanDisk card to PC"
In response to Reply # 0

Kleinburg, CA

Are you seeing an error message?

How do you copy files: "Copy and Paste", "Right click and drag?"...

Barry
http://art2printimages.com

k photon Silver Member Nikonian since 24th Nov 2002Thu 18-Apr-13 05:36 PM
458 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Jpeg files not being copied over from SanDisk card to PC"
In response to Reply # 0

Phoenix, US

It's not quite clear how you are copying. I'm assuming that you're using Elements to do so?

Is this method what you're having problems with?

I always just open a Windows Explorer window, and a window of my target location, then select the files and drag to the target. Since I'm going from one 'drive' location (the card) to another (the HDD) Windows just makes copies rather than deleting the source.

This always works to copy all files selected.
I hope this helps.

Cheers

Adobe Photoshop News + Info for Photographers

Free Printable Chart of ISO – Shutter Speeds – F stops

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) topic #67291 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.