Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) topic #67270
View in linear mode

Subject: "Inexpensive video editing software..." Previous topic | Next topic
Timbo1961 Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Oct 2008Mon 01-Apr-13 04:53 AM
60 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Inexpensive video editing software..."

Pickering, ON, CA

Hi All...
Hope you can recommend an inexpensive video editing sw.
I have always been a still photographer but have now decided to try my hand at some video work. I am a total newby on the video side and have "googled" the topic, but wondered what you all use for putting together the clips, editing, doing image adjustments, adding music / effects etc., from these video capable cameras we all have.
Thanks in advance.
Tim

TimMcGillPhotography and TMStudios

www.timmcgillphotography.com
or
www.timmcgillportraits.com

Sports, Events, Gigs, Beauty, Fashion, Glamour, and Boudoir

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

esantos Moderator Nikonians Resources Writer. Recognized for his outstanding reviews on printers and printing articles. Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas, including Landscape Photography Awarded for his extraordinary accomplishments in Landscape Photography. His work has been exhibited at the Smithsonian. Nikonian since 10th Nov 2002Mon 01-Apr-13 03:54 PM
11379 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Inexpensive video editing software..."
In response to Reply # 0

McAllen, US

I use Adobe Premiere Pro but you can get great results from Premiere Elements as well. It sells for less than $100 in most places.

Ernesto Santos
esartprints.com Ernesto Santos Photography

DHoff Registered since 10th Oct 2007Mon 01-Apr-13 11:43 PM
180 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Inexpensive video editing software..."
In response to Reply # 0

Lynchburg, US

You might take a look at Cinelerra or any of a host of opensource options. A linux distro called artistX has a live DVD version that contains what I am talking about.

www.artistx.org

It costs nothing but your time to try it.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) topic #67270 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.