Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) topic #67209
View in linear mode

Subject: "jpeg prints" Previous topic | Next topic
mjstahurski Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Jun 2004Fri 22-Feb-13 07:12 PM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"jpeg prints"

garfield hts, US

what software to resize a jpeg which is 5mb to be able to print a 16 x 20 print?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: jpeg prints
kamputty Gold Member
22nd Feb 2013
Kidkett Silver Member
23rd Feb 2013
Izzie Gold Member
23rd Feb 2013
Kidkett Silver Member
23rd Feb 2013
Izzie Gold Member
25th Feb 2013

kamputty Gold Member Nikonian since 04th Jan 2007Fri 22-Feb-13 07:21 PM
157 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: jpeg prints"
In response to Reply # 0

Santa Cruz, US

I use this free software to do all sorts of image stuff...resizing, cropping etc...

http://www.irfanview.com/

~Kam

Kidkett Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Apr 2010Sat 23-Feb-13 12:58 AM
434 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: jpeg prints"
In response to Reply # 0

Campo, US

Hi Martin,

You have Capture NX2 and can do it under Edit, Size/Resolution. Just change the Width & Height and it will change it for you. Change the width and the height will change automatically, so if you want to make 20X30 it will change the pixels to around 9000 X 6024 from a picture from my camera. Just hit the apply button. I showed this from a RAW NEF file, your JPEG won’t have such a large file size.

In the picture I show you what the picture size is and what you change it to for a 20 X 30 print. You will use 20 in the width field and 16 will audmatically go in the hight field.

Good Luck,
Bill

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Izzie Gold Member Nikonian since 02nd Dec 2011Sat 23-Feb-13 08:39 PM
839 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: jpeg prints"
In response to Reply # 0

Chesterfield, US

This makes me think about ... how much nowadays are you looking at when you do prints as that 16 x 20 and where do one have it done? Just curious...

Fly safe, drive safe and keep safe.
G'day and G'lock....
Izzie

GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS
My Nikonians Gallery

Kidkett Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Apr 2010Sat 23-Feb-13 11:54 PM
434 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: jpeg prints"
In response to Reply # 3

Campo, US

Hi Izzie,

I usually print 20X30 and go to Costco for a little under $10, but I want it to look it best for something I want to stand out I have it printed at National Photo labs for around $17-18 on sale. I bought a D800 last year so I am going to see how the bigger prints come out when I get back from China in spring of 2014.

A 16X20 print from Costco is $6 and $13.50 from National but about half that price on sale.

Happy Shooting,
Bill

Izzie Gold Member Nikonian since 02nd Dec 2011Mon 25-Feb-13 10:31 AM
839 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: jpeg prints"
In response to Reply # 4

Chesterfield, US

Hmmm...not really that expensive. I asked because I haven't had one done here in the US since I came to live here. Most of my old shots before my new camera were done in our own lab when I was still working so I have no idea.

Thanks...

Fly safe, drive safe and keep safe.
G'day and G'lock....
Izzie

GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS
My Nikonians Gallery

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) topic #67209 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.