nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS Post-Processing & Workflow (Public) topic #67182
View in linear mode

Subject: "D600 HDR in CNX2" Previous topic | Next topic
Toby01 Silver Member  El Sobrante, US  Nikonian since 19th Nov 2012 Sat 09-Feb-13 07:43 PM
237 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D600 HDR in CNX2"

Can one shoot a D600 HDR photo in RAW and have CNX2 render it correctly?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community   Atlanta, US  Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005 Thu 14-Feb-13 12:21 PM
9053 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D600 HDR in CNX2"
In response to Reply # 0

The in camera HDR produces JPEGs only. There is no HDR function in Nikon Capture or View.

The Nikon software is very good at recovering shadows and some highlights so you are much less likely to need HDR with a properly exposed image. The D600 has more than two stops of additional dynamic range at base ISO 100.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS Post-Processing & Workflow (Public) topic #67182 Previous topic | Next topic