Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) topic #67176
View in linear mode

Subject: "Any way to open improperly renamed files? " Previous topic | Next topic
JimH Silver Member Charter MemberWed 30-Jan-13 11:37 PM
276 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Any way to open improperly renamed files? "
Wed 30-Jan-13 11:41 PM by JimH

Easton, US

Hello...

I haven't made this mistake for years, though recently I came across a few picture files that I can no longer open because when I renamed them before saving, I used a period or some other key to denote the file from the original. Is there any way to open these files? Or are they prety much done for. I'm currently using CS-5. I always save files as PSDs unless I'm going to e-mail it, then I'd save as j-peg.

Thanks in advance. Jim H.

"Things are'nt always quite as cherry, as they first seem"

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Thu 31-Jan-13 12:23 AM
5860 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Any way to open improperly renamed files? "
In response to Reply # 0

Tacoma, US

Have you tried renaming them back to the original or a normal *.psd or *.jpg name?

Mick
http://www.mickklassphoto.com
or
Visit my nikonians gallery

JimH Silver Member Charter MemberThu 31-Jan-13 05:48 AM
276 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Any way to open improperly renamed files? "
In response to Reply # 1

Easton, US

Gees...

Was it that simple? I just tried what you had asked and it worked. Boy do I feel stupid.
Thanks Mick.

"Things are'nt always quite as cherry, as they first seem"

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) topic #67176 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.