nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Starting out - confused and seeking advice to set up initial catalog

JBD90

US
201 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
JBD90 Registered since 24th Nov 2011
Thu 10-Jan-13 01:46 PM

I have Elements 10 which I find difficult. I bought Lightroom 4 and this makes more sense to me with regards to processing photos. Both have a catalog feature which I gather are not the same. I made a huge error when I loaded E10 and it sucked every image from the hard drive in, not just my photos. I need to dump that and start over. Could use some help there too.

until now I have used Picasa to do simple adjustments and used their date folder catalog system.

I would like advice on how to put the stake in the ground so to speak and set up a catalog where I can store all my Pics and then a space to store my "good stuff" that I can PP to a higher standard and possibly market in some way. I still want to keep the general images but being at the base of the mountain of 4k images I don't know what would make sense if I were near the top with images I might market.

I hope I did not make this question to confusing. I need a top down view of a working catalog system.

Thanks in advance. JB

G