nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Making PhotoMechanic the default import program on Windows

pwarbeck

Tucson AZ, US
254 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
pwarbeck Registered since 25th May 2009
Tue 01-Jan-13 10:49 PM | edited Tue 01-Jan-13 10:52 PM by pwarbeck

I just installed PhotoMechanic v5 (PM) on Windows 7. Until now, I have been using Nikon Transfer 2 (NT2) as my import program. I want to start importing with PM, but I can't figure out how to do it.

When I connect my D7000 to my PC, I get a D7000 dialog. It gives me the option to change the import program, and gives the following list:

• Windows
  • Windows Live Photo Gallery
  • Picasa3
  • * NT2

*NT2 is the default

The list does not include PM.

Following a suggestion seen elsewhere, I went to Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\AutoPlay and set Pictures to "Open or Ingest using PhotoMechanic." This has no effect as far as I can tell. The next time I connect the D7000, I get the same list of import program choices, and clicking "Import File" starts NT2.

What do I need to do?

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Making PhotoMechanic the default import program on ...

G