Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) topic #66987
View in linear mode

Subject: "Anyone tried Photo Ninja by PictureCode?" Previous topic | Next topic
JosephK Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Apr 2006Wed 05-Dec-12 10:27 PM
3733 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Anyone tried Photo Ninja by PictureCode?"

Seattle, WA, US

I purchased a copy of Noise Ninja long ago and am wondering about what their new product has to offer.

---------+---------+---------+---------+
Joseph K
Seattle, WA, USA

D700, D200, D70S, 24-70mm f/2.8, VR 70-200mm f/2.8 II,
50mm f/1.4 D, 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 VR, 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5 DX

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Anyone tried Photo Ninja by PictureCode?
tuthill Silver Member
06th Dec 2012
esantos Moderator
06th Dec 2012
Bob Chadwick Silver Member
06th Dec 2012
esantos Moderator
12th Dec 2012
JosephK Silver Member
17th Dec 2012
esantos Moderator
17th Dec 2012
tuthill Silver Member
17th Dec 2012

tuthill Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Oct 2006Thu 06-Dec-12 02:07 AM
148 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Anyone tried Photo Ninja by PictureCode?"
In response to Reply # 0

Fort McMurray, CA

It does a pretty good job of raw conversions with great highlight recovery although you have to be careful with the colour enhancement as it can go overboard and give a pink tinge to recovered skies. The interface is a little awkward at this point and there is no clone tool so it may be necessary to use Photoshop, or some other editor, more than you might using other raw converters. Apparently there are plans to have the software enabled as a Photoshop plugin. All in all it's a very promising piece of software however I haven't dropped Lightroom from my workflow yet.

If you download the trial send an email to support and they'll give you a 2 week activation code so that you can use all the functions.

Mike Tuthill

Nikon D90, Tamron 28-300 VC, Nikkor 35-105, Nikkor 50 f1.8, Nikon 70-300 VR, Nikon 80-400 VR, Tamron 90 f2.8 Macro, Sigma 150-500 OS DG, Sigma 180 EX DG Macro, Nikon 18-200 VR

esantos Moderator Nikonians Resources Writer. Recognized for his outstanding reviews on printers and printing articles. Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas, including Landscape Photography Awarded for his extraordinary accomplishments in Landscape Photography. His work has been exhibited at the Smithsonian. Nikonian since 10th Nov 2002Thu 06-Dec-12 02:08 AM
11379 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Anyone tried Photo Ninja by PictureCode?"
In response to Reply # 0

McAllen, US

Hi Joseph,

Look for my review of this new raw processor/converter in the coming days here at Nikonians.

Ernesto Santos
esartprints.com Ernesto Santos Photography

Bob Chadwick Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Jan 2006Thu 06-Dec-12 02:24 AM
1977 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Anyone tried Photo Ninja by PictureCode?"
In response to Reply # 2

Norcross, US

I had just noticed the change when I upgraded my PC and was re-installing software. Looking forward to your review Ernesto.

Visit
My Nikonians Gallery
NorcrossPics.Com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

esantos Moderator Nikonians Resources Writer. Recognized for his outstanding reviews on printers and printing articles. Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas, including Landscape Photography Awarded for his extraordinary accomplishments in Landscape Photography. His work has been exhibited at the Smithsonian. Nikonian since 10th Nov 2002Wed 12-Dec-12 04:02 PM
11379 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Anyone tried Photo Ninja by PictureCode?"
In response to Reply # 0

McAllen, US

My review of Photo Ninja was submitted yesterday to the eZine editor. Look for the new issue coming next week.

Ernesto Santos

JosephK Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Apr 2006Mon 17-Dec-12 05:04 PM
3733 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Anyone tried Photo Ninja by PictureCode?"
In response to Reply # 4

Seattle, WA, US

Great review! Thanks for the write up.
http://www.niknians.org/ezine/eZine54.pdf

---------+---------+---------+---------+
Joseph K
Seattle, WA, USA

D700, D200, D70S, 24-70mm f/2.8, VR 70-200mm f/2.8 II,
50mm f/1.4 D, 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 VR, 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5 DX

esantos Moderator Nikonians Resources Writer. Recognized for his outstanding reviews on printers and printing articles. Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas, including Landscape Photography Awarded for his extraordinary accomplishments in Landscape Photography. His work has been exhibited at the Smithsonian. Nikonian since 10th Nov 2002Mon 17-Dec-12 07:33 PM
#6. "RE: Anyone tried Photo Ninja by PictureCode?"
In response to Reply # 5

McAllen, US

Thanks Joseph. I hope it was helpful to you.

Ernesto Santos

tuthill Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Oct 2006Mon 17-Dec-12 08:00 PM
148 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Anyone tried Photo Ninja by PictureCode?"
In response to Reply # 4

Fort McMurray, CA

>My review of Photo Ninja was submitted yesterday to the eZine
>editor. Look for the new issue coming next week.

Very fair and balanced review. The more I play with Photo Ninja the more I appreciate it's power. Makes me wish I had saved all the dollars I've spent on competing products. I still consider Lightroom my primary raw converter due to it's balance of features vs quality of adjustments however PN could change that if future updates bring features such as a clone tool and easier collaboration with other editing software.

Mike Tuthill

Nikon D90, Tamron 28-300 VC, Nikkor 35-105, Nikkor 50 f1.8, Nikon 70-300 VR, Nikon 80-400 VR, Tamron 90 f2.8 Macro, Sigma 150-500 OS DG, Sigma 180 EX DG Macro, Nikon 18-200 VR

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) topic #66987 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.