Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) topic #66963
View in linear mode

Subject: "Photoshop CS6 Flickers...?" Previous topic | Next topic
EnEs63 Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Nov 2012Sun 25-Nov-12 06:43 PM
43 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Photoshop CS6 Flickers...?"

Udon Thani, TH

Hello,

I am fairly new to Photoshop and learning CS6.

I have been processing stacked images, (focus stacking), for my macro photography in CS6.

Actually performing the tasks is ok, I have managed that ok.
What I am a little concerned about is "when activating all layers" and "auto blending" quite a bit of flickering starts on the screen of CS6.
I notice that the histogram flickers on and off, some panels flicker along with other 'bits' of the screen as the computer does it's work.
Is this normal?

I am using a MacBookPro 15" upgraded to 8GB ram on Snow Leopard 10.6.8.

Any reassurance would be appreciated...

Regards
EnEs63

Regards EnEs63

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

k photon Silver Member Nikonian since 24th Nov 2002Sun 25-Nov-12 10:59 PM
458 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Photoshop CS6 Flickers...?"
In response to Reply # 0

Phoenix, US

I'm not sure what you mean by "when activating all layers", but what you might be experiencing is the document window updating while the files are stacked and masked. This would be dependent on your system speed. Stacking and blending are intensive processes.

If the end results appear stable, I wouldn't be concerned.

Cheers

Adobe Photoshop CS6 News + Info for Photographers

Free Printable Chart of ISO – Shutter Speeds – F stops

EnEs63 Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Nov 2012Wed 28-Nov-12 12:32 PM
43 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Photoshop CS6 Flickers...?"
In response to Reply # 1

Udon Thani, TH

Hello k photon

>I'm not sure what you mean by "when activating all
>layers", but what you might be experiencing is the
>document window updating while the files are stacked and
>masked. This would be dependent on your system speed. Stacking
>and blending are intensive processes.

The "Activating all layers" is when the software is processing the raw images into photoshop from ACR and producing a layer for each image. Sorry if I haven't used the correct terminology...
>
>If the end results appear stable, I wouldn't be concerned.
>

Ok, thank you k photon. The result looks ok to me and from what others have said on here my images seem to work ok once blended.
Maybe the MacBook Pro isn't 100% in terms of speed, as you say, when the software is demanding much processing power...?
I will keep an eye on it...

Thank you again.
R's EnEs63

Regards EnEs63

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) topic #66963 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.