nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Easy, Efficient workflow question

Brent Melton

Denton, US
172 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Brent Melton Gold Member Nikonian since 21st Apr 2012
Sun 14-Oct-12 05:42 PM

I started using digital in 2006. I knew nothing about organizing, processing or archiving at that time. I started back then importing with the normal windows importing and used Picture Project to do any post processing and burned all my photos to disc to save them. Since then I have learned and progressed, but not to the extent that I feel I am where I need to be. Now I use Nikon Transfer for import, ViewNX2 for viewing and cataloging and Capture NX2 for post processing.I still burn my photos to disc and backup to an external hard drive for extra backup. I do not shoot raw very often and I am not necessarily interested in learning or doing a lot of extensive photo manipulation, just minor tweaks and cropping.
My question is what advice would you give to someone like me that likes to keep things very organized, simple and efficient? I am mainly a jpeg shooter of family events, vacations and any other subjects I have interest in. I am not a professional and never will be. I just love photography and want to document life for future generations in my family and want my workflow to be the most efficient I can make it.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Easy, Efficient workflow question

G