Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) topic #66792
View in linear mode

Subject: "Photo Mechanic 5.0 Available" Previous topic | Next topic
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Sun 12-Aug-12 06:47 PM
8523 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Photo Mechanic 5.0 Available"

Atlanta, US

Photo Mechanic 5.0 is now available. The new stand alone program costs $130. There is a discounted upgrade costing $80 for existing users.

https://store.camerabits.com/products/photo-mechanic-version-5

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Photo Mechanic 5.0 Available
PAStime Silver Member
03rd Sep 2012
ericbowles Moderator
04th Sep 2012
PAStime Silver Member
05th Sep 2012
P7M8
20th Sep 2012
mklass Platinum Member
20th Sep 2012
Kirk Baker Gold Member
20th Sep 2012
ericbowles Moderator
20th Sep 2012
P7M8
20th Sep 2012

PAStime Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Feb 2009Mon 03-Sep-12 11:45 PM
2669 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Photo Mechanic 5.0 Available"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon 03-Sep-12 11:48 PM by PAStime

Kingston, CA

Hmmmm... I installed PM 5 and found that the catalog feature is not yet available. It has been delayed. Again. In addition, the Camera Bits web site suggests that the catalog feature will be an additional cost item. Bummer. Not my expectation.

Peter

My gallery (a work in progress): http://peterstokes.net/Exhibit

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Tue 04-Sep-12 01:34 PM
8523 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Photo Mechanic 5.0 Available"
In response to Reply # 1

Atlanta, US

They have been pretty clear all along that the catalog was an additional item that required PM 5. They separated the efforts nearly a year ago. I don't think it will be that expensive, but it will be a robust catalog - much better than Lightroom and geared to studios and larger shops.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops - Smokies Oct 2012

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

PAStime Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Feb 2009Wed 05-Sep-12 12:21 AM
2669 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Photo Mechanic 5.0 Available"
In response to Reply # 2

Kingston, CA

>They have been pretty clear all along that the catalog was an

OK, I guess I missed that.

I am slowly increasing my appreciation of the capabilities of Lightroom. I am also learning how to use it effectively with NEFs and Photoshop and Color Efex Pro 4. As time goes on, it will increasingly become more difficult to convince me to return to a PM-based workflow. We'll see.

Peter

P7M8 Registered since 07th Apr 2009Thu 20-Sep-12 02:43 AM
295 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Photo Mechanic 5.0 Available"
In response to Reply # 0

Metairie, US

The site is showing that it's $150. Is there a discount I'm missing?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Thu 20-Sep-12 04:39 AM
5869 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Photo Mechanic 5.0 Available"
In response to Reply # 4

Tacoma, US

The only discount may be if you are upgrading from a prior version.

They used to offer a $15.00 discount to people who attended a Nikon School class. I don't know if they still do.

Mick
http://www.mickklassphoto.com
or
Visit my nikonians gallery

Kirk Baker Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Feb 2009Thu 20-Sep-12 02:03 PM
37 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Photo Mechanic 5.0 Available"
In response to Reply # 4

US

>The site is showing that it's $150. Is there a discount I'm
>missing?

Do you already own a license of Photo Mechanic? If so then you're entitled to an upgrade price of $90. You need to create an account on our store and claim your original license and then the upgrade option will appear.

If you don't already own a license then new licenses currently cost $150. We had a sale for the first two weeks of Photo Mechanic: Version 5 being available which discounted new licenses to $130 and upgrades to $80. That sale ended on 8/20/2012.

Kind regards,

-Kirk

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Thu 20-Sep-12 03:34 PM
#7. "RE: Photo Mechanic 5.0 Available"
In response to Reply # 6

Atlanta, US

Kirk - thanks for the clarification.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops - Smokies Oct 2012

P7M8 Registered since 07th Apr 2009Thu 20-Sep-12 09:17 PM
295 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Photo Mechanic 5.0 Available"
In response to Reply # 6

Metairie, US

>>The site is showing that it's $150. Is there a discount
>I'm
>>missing?
>
>Do you already own a license of Photo Mechanic? If so then
>you're entitled to an upgrade price of $90. You need to
>create an account on our store and claim your original license
>and then the upgrade option will appear.
>
>If you don't already own a license then new licenses currently
>cost $150. We had a sale for the first two weeks of Photo
>Mechanic: Version 5 being available which discounted new
>licenses to $130 and upgrades to $80. That sale ended on
>8/20/2012.
>
>Kind regards,
>
>-Kirk
>

Kirk,

Thanks for the response. I don't currently own a license. I am using the demo. I really like the program. Will be buying, just didn't want to miss out on any discounts.

These days every dollar counts.

Glenn

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) topic #66792 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.