nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) topic #66751
View in linear mode

Subject: "converting files" Previous topic | Next topic
redtail Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Dec 2007Sun 08-Jul-12 08:00 PM
22 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"converting files"

US

The dng converter 7.1 and camera raw 7.1 Will not convert my raw images to dng I 've tried everything and just can't get them to convert. I'm editing in PScs6 What am I doing wrong !!! When I press convert I get the message The source folder does not contain any supported camera raw files Please help, steve

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: converting files
KenLPhotos Gold Member
09th Jul 2012
redtail Silver Member
09th Jul 2012
KenLPhotos Gold Member
09th Jul 2012
redtail Silver Member
10th Jul 2012
walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
09th Jul 2012
redtail Silver Member
09th Jul 2012
walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
10th Jul 2012
redtail Silver Member
10th Jul 2012

KenLPhotos Gold Member Nikonian since 26th Jul 2009Mon 09-Jul-12 02:09 PM
1473 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: converting files"
In response to Reply # 0

Stewartstown, US

Information here is a bit sparse for us to help. What is the whole process?

KenL

There are many 'images of beautiful objects' but few 'beautiful images of objects'.

redtail Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Dec 2007Mon 09-Jul-12 04:50 PM
22 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: converting files"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon 09-Jul-12 04:52 PM by redtail

US

>The dng converter 7.1 and camera raw 7.1 Will not convert my
>raw images to dng I 've tried everything and just can't get
>them to convert. I'm editing in PScs6 What am I doing wrong
>!!! When I press convert I get the message The source folder
>does not contain any supported camera raw files Please help,
>steve
>
I'm shooting with Nikon d800 when I download the raw files to edit through ps cs6. they need to be converted from nef files to dng files This is done with a dng converter. The dng converter and camera raw have to be compatible, which they are both 7.1 Again when I click to convert i get the message the source folder does not supported camera raw files

KenLPhotos Gold Member Nikonian since 26th Jul 2009Mon 09-Jul-12 05:27 PM
1473 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: converting files"
In response to Reply # 2
Mon 09-Jul-12 05:28 PM by KenLPhotos

Stewartstown, US

By Googling the problem, I found this;

Well here's the answer but not the explanation. The only way to select a folder is to physically drag and drop it onto the Dng converter exe. icon. No other way seems to work unless the previous versions which allowed you to select via the software. Then you can go through the conversion sequence.

This is a ridiculous bug, I'm surprised more of a fuss hasn't been made of it.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope this helps.

KenL

There are many 'images of beautiful objects' but few 'beautiful images of objects'.

redtail Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Dec 2007Tue 10-Jul-12 12:03 AM
#6. "RE: converting files"
In response to Reply # 3

US

Ken, I took a folder from my desktop and dragged it into all possible places in the dng converter It was rejected every place I tried to drop it. I to am very surprised there's nobody else having this issue. Steve

walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 05th May 2002Mon 09-Jul-12 10:24 PM
15007 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: converting files"
In response to Reply # 0

Colorado Springs, US

Any chance you used Nikon Transfer to download the NEFs?

Rick Walker

My photos:

GeoVista Photography

redtail Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Dec 2007Mon 09-Jul-12 11:50 PM
#5. "RE: converting files"
In response to Reply # 4

US

Yes I did download it from nikon transfer, Rick. Are you going to tell me that is the the problem and if so what do I need to do !!!!! Steve

walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 05th May 2002Tue 10-Jul-12 01:41 AM
15007 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: converting files"
In response to Reply # 5

Colorado Springs, US

Nikon Transfer was changing the NEF structure in the download process and that kept Adobe products from opening them, including DNG conversion issues since one step of its process is an integrity check on the NEF. I don't know if that is the root cause of your problem or not, but you might try some new test shots that you simply drag from the card to your desktop and then run the program. I believe you're okay if you use the transfer function built into the newest version of ViewNX2 instead.

I haven't had problems with the DNG converter, but I never use Nikon products to download images.

Rick Walker

My photos:

GeoVista Photography

redtail Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Dec 2007Tue 10-Jul-12 03:58 AM
#8. "RE: converting files"
In response to Reply # 7

US

Thanks Rick. I'll try that. Steve

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) topic #66751 Previous topic | Next topic