Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Working with RAW(NEF) files with Elements 8

Traverse City, US
3063 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
psf914 Registered since 11th Oct 2007
Thu 05-Apr-12 05:56 PM

I've been shooting only JPEG and working with Elements 8 for post work. For the first time since I've had that software I fired off a couple RAW shots with my D300, uploaded them to iPhoto on my Mac and decided to practice working with RAW files. So I went thru the standard procedure...hit and selected a RAW photo into the work area and did some color control work then hit save as and was looking for some kind of question about the RAW file. Nothing seemed to be any different than working with JPEG files unless I missed some step. Elements 8 does have a RAW converter according to Adobe...and it does show as RAW on the extended info for that file in iPhoto. Looking for a little help on this one. Thanks in advance.

p.s. I have a D800E on order and will be switching to Capture NX 2 when it arrives and shooting strictly RAW with that camera.