Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) topic #66426
View in linear mode

Subject: "SW for searching categories" Previous topic | Next topic
Jivl Silver Member Nikonian since 24th Nov 2011Sat 03-Mar-12 01:33 PM
26 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"SW for searching categories"
Sat 03-Mar-12 02:11 PM by Jivl

near Prague, CZ

Hi, I tried to search some pictures (based on the keywords in their metadata) first time but I could not find how to do it in Capture NX2 neither in View NX2. Then I checked this forum and it looks that I need 3rd software
Could you confirm this my investigation and recommend me a good software?
Photo Mechanics or Adobe Bridge or.....
Thanks Jiri

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Sat 03-Mar-12 03:39 PM
5862 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: SW for searching categories"
In response to Reply # 0
Sat 03-Mar-12 03:41 PM by mklass

Tacoma, US

I use Photo Mecahnic. It is great for creating, editing and searching metadata. Very fast with a lot of other useful features. It plays nice with CNX2, with just a few preferences settings. It keeps everything in the original file, and does not create sidecar files, if you wish, which I prefer.

They will be coming out with a new version soon (V5), but there is a free trial of the current version (v4.8)available on the CameraBits web site. I imagine if you buy v4.8 now , you would get a free upgrade to the new version when it is released, but check with them to confirm. They have great customer support.

I haven't tried using Bridge in years, so I am not sure what it can do for you.

Mick
www.mickklassphoto.com
or
Visit my nikonians gallery

Jivl Silver Member Nikonian since 24th Nov 2011Sat 03-Mar-12 04:07 PM
26 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: SW for searching categories"
In response to Reply # 1

near Prague, CZ

>I use Photo Mecahnic. It is great for creating, editing and
>searching metadata. Very fast with a lot of other useful
>features. It plays nice with CNX2, with just a few preferences
>settings. It keeps everything in the original file, and does
>not create sidecar files, if you wish, which I prefer.
>
>They will be coming out with a new version soon (V5), but
>there is a free trial of the current version (v4.8)available
>on the CameraBits web site. I
>imagine if you buy v4.8 now , you would get a free upgrade to
>the new version when it is released, but check with them to
>confirm. They have great customer support.
>
>I haven't tried using Bridge in years, so I am not sure what
>it can do for you.
>
>Mick
>www.mickklassphoto.com
>or
>Visit
>my nikonians gallery>

Many thanks Mick, I have already downloaded the trial of PM and I am a bit struggling, of course, with this new software. Looks great, I think I will get used to.
Nice weekend, Jiri

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) topic #66426 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.