Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) topic #66423
View in linear mode

Subject: "Corel Aftershot Pro" Previous topic | Next topic
jadiniz Registered since 25th Dec 2010Fri 02-Mar-12 02:02 PM
350 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Corel Aftershot Pro"

Estoril, PT

I've taken a peak at this program, and it seems light and fast enough to run on my old laptop. Quite intuitive, especially the part about not needing to create calatogs.

Any other Nikonians have tried it?

http://egozarolho.blogspot.com
1. Good content, good aesthetics and good tecnique. On that order.
2. Light is more important than glass and pixels.
3. In the digital photography process, software is as important as gear.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

mquarles Registered since 29th Dec 2006Sun 04-Mar-12 09:18 PM
74 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Corel Aftershot Pro"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi,

Up until about a month ro so ago it was known as Bibble ( http://www.bibblelabs.com/ ). I've used it as my primary converter for about 4 years, and was quite pleased with it. It fit my workflow very well, was easy to use, was actively supported, and I really liked the output. It has, arguably, the fastest output conversion in the raw developer category.

I moved over to Capture One last fall, both for the feature set of Capture One and also due to the lack of communication on the part of the Bibble developers (they had gone silent for a very long time and some had departed).

My view is that Bibble / After Shot is a great product that worked very well for me for a number of years. Hopefully Corel will provide an environment that lets the product continue to thrive.

Mark

dgs2 Registered since 30th Sep 2004Sat 10-Mar-12 12:16 AM
710 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Corel Aftershot Pro"
In response to Reply # 1

San Francisco, US

I haven't tried it, but Derek Story, on his blog The Digital Story, had a nice discussion of it's features. He was quite impressed. I recall he particular liked the way it implemented layers, which have always baffled me in Photoshop. (Not plugging anything or anyone in particular, just transmitting information.)

dgs

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

calamanthus Registered since 07th Mar 2012Mon 12-Mar-12 08:39 AM
9 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Corel Aftershot Pro"
In response to Reply # 2

AU

I had Bibble on my computer for a few years and couldn't get the results I wanted. Then for $20 upgraded to Aftershot Pro to check it out and have been satisfied to the point where I now have my D7000 taking raw only. Duncan.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) topic #66423 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.