nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

how to retrieve photos from re-formatted CF card

AudsDad

Naperville, US
299 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
AudsDad Silver Member Nikonian since 16th Oct 2007
Sat 18-Feb-12 02:14 PM

Hi, everybody.

I know that freeware is available (e.g. Piriform Recuva and others) which is said to be able to retrieve files from re-formatted CF cards, but I am not having any luck getting it to work out for me. Approx 2GB of photo files were accidentally deleted and then the recycle bin was emptied. I already tried to retrieve the files from the PC with data recovery freeware, but apparantly the files were already overwritten and are no longer retrievable. So I want to try to get them from my now-blank memory card.

I have a D300 with a SunDisk 4GB CF card which I re-formatted after uploading approx 2GB of photos into my PC last week. The card is now blank, but the data is said to be retrievable with appropriate software. I cannot find info in the freeware manuals to indicate whether I can get the thing to work by attaching my camera containing the CF card to the computer via the USB cable or whether I need to place the card in some other device.

Can anyone help me with trying to retrieve the most recently captured images from this re-formatted card? Perhaps there is a better program or method for doing so.

Thanks,

Peter

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Please visit MySmugmug gallery

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: how to retrieve photos from re-formatted CF card