nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Help understanding moire etc

SheriB

SouthernYork Co, US
1950 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
SheriB Silver Member Awarded for sharing her exceptional images and details of rural farm life. Nikonian since 11th Sep 2010
Thu 16-Feb-12 08:02 PM

At least I assume that is what I am seeing..On some of my images, when I view them (ViewNX2, RAW,) I can see areas that look out of focus, blurred.These are usually areas where there are repeating patterns, such as tree lines , grass, and bright fall leaves. But from what I am reading I am not sure that is my problem because if I blow the image up to 100% they 'clean up',looking ok, until I let it go back to the default size.. Now if I resize/convert to a jpeg many times the blur is still there, but not always.
Can someone point me to a good article ( no videos please..26.4Kbps dial up connection..not even 56K ) to help me understand what moire is?? Or is this a color aberration issue? ( and I still have very little understanding of those terms)

Sheri Becker

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G