Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) topic #66364
View in linear mode

Subject: "How do you share your images?" Previous topic | Next topic
Vlad_IT Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Sep 2011Mon 06-Feb-12 07:54 PM
1163 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"How do you share your images?"
Mon 06-Feb-12 07:58 PM by Vlad_IT

US

I’m four months into my dSLR experience with 8k+ images and I feel like I have some good ones to share. I have never held any images outside of my computer, 3-4 years ago I did some experimenting with Picasa, in order to share some common event pictures among my relatives, but it did not work out for me in a long run.

I want to start storing some of my work on web in order to share it and allow friend to download some images. Please point me into right direction with this. Preferably, free of charge storage. I see a lot of members here post links to their Flickr account. Is this a good solution to start with?

Best regards,
Vlad

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: How do you share your images?
Vlad_IT Silver Member
09th Feb 2012
jpedee
10th Feb 2012
Vlad_IT Silver Member
11th Feb 2012
sfysh
11th Feb 2012
billgreen
11th Feb 2012
mborn1 Silver Member
13th Feb 2012
PAStime Silver Member
14th Feb 2012
Drbee Silver Member
14th Feb 2012
mborn1 Silver Member
14th Feb 2012

Vlad_IT Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Sep 2011Thu 09-Feb-12 02:21 PM
1163 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: How do you share your images?"
In response to Reply # 0

US

For now i went with Flickr.
Best regards,
Vlad

jpedee Registered since 01st Nov 2010Fri 10-Feb-12 01:02 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: How do you share your images?"
In response to Reply # 1

US

I have been using Zenfolio for several years and I could not be more pleased. It meets all of my needs including serving as online backup, easy sharing of my work with family and friends, and password protection for online viewing if desired. Options relating to access, security, and layout of your personal pages are amazing. You can customize the site to be almost anything you might imagine. And surprisingly, turning the site into your personal online photo sharing web page is very simple and easy. You might want to give it a look. My site is at http://evansphotojournal.zenfolio.com if you want to see an example. I know that there are many similar sites available and I must admit I have only tried Zenfolio. Therefore, consider this recommendation with that in mind.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Vlad_IT Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Sep 2011Sat 11-Feb-12 09:11 PM
#4. "RE: How do you share your images?"
In response to Reply # 2

US

Jamie, Bill,

thanks a lot for your suggestions. Flickr worked for me quite well for the first time, even though i have some confusion with invitations (resolved) and setting up a gallery (still not done, but i do not need it for now).

Thanks again,
Vlad

sfysh Registered since 21st Mar 2009Sat 11-Feb-12 10:02 PM
38 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: How do you share your images?"
In response to Reply # 4

Toronto, CA

Flickr doesn't have a gallery system the way you're thinking about it. Flickr "Galleries" are for showing *other* people's Flickr photos - you're the curator, not the photographer. Flickr's set system is the nearest but doesn't have a "portfolio" look. I share more photos on Flickr and like the community there, but for gallery/portfolio type sharing, I prefer 500px.

~ Stephanie

billgreen Registered since 14th Oct 2010Sat 11-Feb-12 06:42 PM
388 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: How do you share your images?"
In response to Reply # 0

US

flickr
Bill

Or Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/leicamini/

mborn1 Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Nov 2008Mon 13-Feb-12 01:08 AM
203 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: How do you share your images?"
In response to Reply # 3

Taunton, US

flikr and 500px

Myer
Photo Bee1
http://photobee1.blogspot.com/
http://photobee1.com

PAStime Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Feb 2009Tue 14-Feb-12 01:59 AM
2670 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: How do you share your images?"
In response to Reply # 6

Kingston, CA

SmugMug.

My gallery (a work in progress): http://peterstokes.net/Exhibit

Drbee Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Aug 2004Tue 14-Feb-12 02:31 AM
5778 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: How do you share your images?"
In response to Reply # 0

Naperville, US

I've been using SmugMug in a very mindless way just for family photos. It seems to work well and I'm continuing with it after three years.

Roger

mborn1 Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Nov 2008Tue 14-Feb-12 10:47 AM
203 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: How do you share your images?"
In response to Reply # 8

Taunton, US

Try DropBox it is free and accessible from everywhere and all your devices http://db.tt/4eMvd17F

Myer
Photo Bee1
http://photobee1.blogspot.com/
http://photobee1.com

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) topic #66364 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.