Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) topic #66304
View in linear mode

Subject: "Borders and signatures: frame4zoom 2.2 " Previous topic | Next topic
bkinthebay Gold Member Nikonian since 27th Feb 2010Thu 12-Jan-12 05:40 PM
363 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Borders and signatures: frame4zoom 2.2 "

Auderghem, BE

Hi fellow nikonians,

I recently finished a new version of a software called frame4zoom.

frame4zoom is a native Mac application to reduce the size/definition of jpeg, tiff, dng or nef images and to decorate them with borders and text (signatures). I developed it mainly to make it easy to prepare images before sending them by email or posting them on forums such as nikonians (respecting the maximum sizes allowed).

The main features are:

- Unlimited number of profiles/settings
- Specify width and height of the reduced image (while preserving the aspect ratio)
- Specify the maximum size or jpeg compression of the output file
- Apply an unsharp mask to increase output sharpness
- Batch process a whole folder containing a set of pictures
- Completely choose font attributes of the text elements
- Precise text positioning
- Combine borders of various colors and thicknesses to create a frame
- Add shadows to borders
- Preserves EXIF data
- Add a copyright info or comment to EXIF data
- Instantaneous low-res preview and one-click high-res preview
- Unlimited number of profiles/settings

frame4zoom 2 is free for nikonians members and can be downloaded on the website:

http://www.frame4zoom.com/nikonians

I hope the interface is clear enough to make it easy to get started. In case of difficulty, I'm here to answer questions and record suggestions!

If you like the results obtained using the software, I would be honored to see samples posted here

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

bkinthebay Gold Member Nikonian since 27th Feb 2010Thu 12-Jan-12 05:44 PM
363 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Borders and signatures: frame4zoom 2.2 "
In response to Reply # 0
Thu 12-Jan-12 05:45 PM by bkinthebay

Auderghem, BE

My own examples

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Mon 16-Jan-12 12:13 PM
8587 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Borders and signatures: frame4zoom 2.2 "
In response to Reply # 0

Atlanta, US

Thanks, Bernard. It looks pretty good - The functions are a nice addition in a simple package.

Unfortunately, I'm running Windows.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

bkinthebay Gold Member Nikonian since 27th Feb 2010Mon 16-Jan-12 04:55 PM
#3. "RE: Borders and signatures: frame4zoom 2.2 "
In response to Reply # 2

Auderghem, BE

Hi Eric,

thanks for you visit. Fortunately, I guess there are some good alternatives on Windows

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) topic #66304 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.