nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) topic #66228
View in linear mode

Subject: "Lightroom 3 - $99.99 @ Amazon!" Previous topic | Next topic
jodylud Registered since 07th Sep 2011Fri 25-Nov-11 05:12 PM
87 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Lightroom 3 - $99.99 @ Amazon!"

US

I just picked up Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3 through Amazon and am looking for advice on a comprehensive reference book to accompany it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Lightroom 3 - $99.99 @ Amazon!
alty02 Silver Member
25th Nov 2011
Bob Chadwick
25th Nov 2011
jodylud
25th Nov 2011
alty02 Silver Member
26th Nov 2011
JonK Moderator Awarded for his high level skills and in-depth knowledge in various areas, such as Wildlife, Landscape and Stage Photography Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
26th Nov 2011
jodylud
27th Nov 2011

alty02 Silver Member Nikonian since 14th Jul 2004Fri 25-Nov-11 06:49 PM
966 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Lightroom 3 - $99.99 @ Amazon!"
In response to Reply # 0

Famous Treasure Valley, US

Instead of buying a big reference book, why not check out the LR3 Getting Started Series of video tutorials, and then head over to the LR3 tutorials from Julieanne Kost (Senior Digital Imaging Evangelist)?

The SLR Lounge has a good selection of video tutorials for Lightroom 3, too.

Those should give you a good start, anyway.

Have fun learning LR3!

MarcR
Treasure Valley, ID
My Nikonians Gallery

Bob Chadwick Registered since 12th Jan 2006Fri 25-Nov-11 09:42 PM
2082 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Lightroom 3 - $99.99 @ Amazon!"
In response to Reply # 1

Norcross, US

And there are a ton of blogs out there that post info, tips and help. Do a Google search and you'll find a lot of info.

Visit
My Nikonians Gallery
NorcrossPics.Com
NorcrossPics on Instagram

jodylud Registered since 07th Sep 2011Fri 25-Nov-11 10:32 PM
87 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Lightroom 3 - $99.99 @ Amazon!"
In response to Reply # 2
Fri 25-Nov-11 11:51 PM by jodylud

US

Thank you so much ML for your direct links and Bob for your advice, I'll look into those references first.

alty02 Silver Member Nikonian since 14th Jul 2004Sat 26-Nov-11 09:25 AM
966 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Lightroom 3 - $99.99 @ Amazon!"
In response to Reply # 3

Famous Treasure Valley, US

Glad to help, Jody.

MarcR
Treasure Valley, ID
My Nikonians Gallery

JonK Moderator Awarded for his high level skills and in-depth knowledge in various areas, such as Wildlife, Landscape and Stage Photography Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 03rd Jul 2004Sat 26-Nov-11 07:53 PM
5194 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Lightroom 3 - $99.99 @ Amazon!"
In response to Reply # 0

New York, US

I like these from three former Lightroom team members:

Two video series by George Jardine. One series covers most of the application; the other series is devoted solely to the Develop Module.

The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3 Book: The Complete Guide for Photographers by Martin Evening.

Videos by Julienne Kost.

And there are dozens of other folk with blogs, presets for download, etc.

Jon Kandel
A New York City Nikonian and Team Member
Please visit my website and critique the images!

jodylud Registered since 07th Sep 2011Sun 27-Nov-11 12:25 PM
#6. "RE: Lightroom 3 - $99.99 @ Amazon!"
In response to Reply # 5

US

Thank you Jon for your reply, I'm currently enjoying the videos by Julienne Kost.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) topic #66228 Previous topic | Next topic