Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

Help Printing DVD Label directly onto the DVD

Sportymonk Sportymonk

Is from: Rocky Mount, US
814 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Sportymonk Registered since 16th Jul 2007
Thu 24-Nov-11 11:47 AM
1) I am NOT trying to print a paper DVD label. I want to print some photos and information directly onto the DVD. Nor am I trying to print a label for the case.
2) I have a new iMac (thank you daughter for the early Christmas present) and I have a Canon MG 8220 which can print directly onto the DVD itself.
3) The software with the printer is Easy-Photoprint EX which does a layout of the images etc. The best option it offers is four quadrants with three being photos and one being the into (Name of wedding and date, then two lines for my info). OK so far.

Problem - The software cannot find / see the font Apple Chancery which I love and want to use. I have Lion 10.7.2. My iMac has fonts in the Macintosh HD / System / Library / Fonts and apparently from the import of old data Macintosh HD/ System Folder / Fonts. The System Folder has Apple Chancery in it. The software on my iMac sees and uses Apple Chancery (Open Office had to replace MS Office which no longer works) EXCEPT for Easy-Photoprint.

Easy-Photoprint sees the fonts front he System folder and I can see several fonts that are new to me and are in that location. I have both copied and clicked and installed Apple Chancery so that it is now in the System / Fonts location as well but no luck Easy-photoprint doesn't see it.

Easy-Printphoto lists most of the fonts in alphabetical order but some strangely are not. Apple Chancery is not there at all.

Question Part 1 - Any idea how to get Apple Chancery to work in Easy-Printphoto?

Question 2 - Is there any other software I could use instead? (I have Lightroom and Photoshop CS5 but am still in a steep learning curve with PR CS5.0)

Sorry for the long post but wanted all the fact there.

Nikonians is the Smithsonian of Nikon knowledge. If there is a question they can't answer, I want to see the question.

My Gallery: www.HLDPhotos.com
My Blog : www.HLDPhotos.blogspot.com

G