nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
beachwalker

Concord, US
125 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
beachwalker Silver Member Nikonian since 31st May 2003
Wed 19-Oct-11 11:20 AM

Part of my post processing sometimes includes moving photo files - RAW and JPEG - onto a disc for use elsewhere.

In the not too distant past, using my venerable but slow XP system and a music program that must have come with a standalone CD/DVD burner I picked up, I was able to quickly and easily burn photos to a DVD. I could add photos/photo files to a list, see how much space was available on the disc, then add/subtract as needed. I could set the number of disc copies to burn and could easily set a disc title.

I don't burn photo discs all that often - to share with family, move RAW files to a different computer for edit, etc - but when I do, I appreciate the ease of the old disc buring program. Now I've got a new Win7 system and love it for the power and flexibility it gives me in post processing...but it doesn't have a simple disc burning interface - it's actually a bit microsoftish (cumbersome and not quite 'there' yet, userwise). Short of going out and buying the Roxio or Nero software for music processing/etc that I don't want or need, but which does accomodate disc burning in multiple formats, does anybody have any suggestions/recommendations on simple, straight forward software programs for disc data burning? No movies, not MPanything, just RAW and JPEG files. PSE9, LR3, CNX2 all have an export option, but they are part of their processing workflow and are, from what I've been able to see in them, for the most part single photo oriented - i.e., not set up to shift a whole file of photos to a disc. Am I wrong or is there another simple solution here????

Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated - Thanks much.

“There is nothing worse than a brilliant image of a fuzzy concept.”
— Ansel Adams

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G