Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) topic #66172
View in linear mode

Subject: "Opening Images from Lightroom 3 into CS5" Previous topic | Next topic
John Steadman Registered since 15th Apr 2009Tue 18-Oct-11 08:09 PM
13 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Opening Images from Lightroom 3 into CS5"

Stourbridge, UK

I have recently purchased Lightroom. Trying to open an image into CS5 with Lightroom adjustments, doing a Ctrl+E takes me strait into CS5, when the image opens there are several copies of the same image.I did take various snapshots of the image during processing, so is it opening all of the snapshots into Photshop as seperate images or have I got a setting wrong some where.

Your help would be greatly appreciated

John

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

pdekman Gold Member Winner in The Nikonians 10th Anniversary Photo Contest Awarded as a regular contributor who offers in-depth knowledge to members who are interested in building efficient work flows. Nikonian since 17th Nov 2005Wed 19-Oct-11 12:29 AM
1035 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Opening Images from Lightroom 3 into CS5"
In response to Reply # 0

Swisher, US

Hmm, I've never noticed this behavior - certainly not duplicates based on snapshots. However, LR is meant to operate on whatever is selected in the filmstrip. I just confirmed that if you have multiple images selected in Library grid mode, Ctrl-E will open all selected photos in CS5.

If you created virtual copies and had them all selected (in a stack?), then I could see this behavior. What filename do they have when opened?

Paul
My Nikonians Gallery

John Steadman Registered since 15th Apr 2009Wed 19-Oct-11 02:07 PM
13 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Opening Images from Lightroom 3 into CS5"
In response to Reply # 1

Stourbridge, UK

Hi Paul,

I only had 1 snapshot selected and opened it as a DNG, I didn't change the file name, but it opened about 6 images.

Today I have made a virtual copy changed that to black and white and tried opening that in CS5 and still had the same thing happen with it openimg about 6 copies and only the virtual copy selected,in the filmstrip.

John

pdekman Gold Member Winner in The Nikonians 10th Anniversary Photo Contest Awarded as a regular contributor who offers in-depth knowledge to members who are interested in building efficient work flows. Nikonian since 17th Nov 2005Thu 20-Oct-11 01:10 AM
1035 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Opening Images from Lightroom 3 into CS5"
In response to Reply # 2

Swisher, US

John -

I'm stumped. Perhaps you can provide more specific details/steps and post a screenshot from LR and from PS to help the diagnosis. I don't use DNG - was that the format of the original image?

Paul
My Nikonians Gallery

John Steadman Registered since 15th Apr 2009Thu 20-Oct-11 03:07 PM
#4. "RE: Opening Images from Lightroom 3 into CS5"
In response to Reply # 3

Stourbridge, UK

Hi Paul,

What I have discovered since, I was in the develop mode when I transfered those files to Photoshop. I have tried it again in the print mode and found that it opens just the selected picture into photoshop.So it looks as if I may have been in the wrong mode.

Many Thanks

John

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) topic #66172 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.