nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Software to view metadata

jdargo

US
8 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
jdargo Registered since 10th Feb 2011
Mon 14-Feb-11 04:30 AM

Greetings. I apologize in advance if I am posting this in the wrong forum but it seemed to fit in digital postprocessing. I am new to DSLR Photography and I am trying to learn how to actually take a good picture:) I have a basic understanding of ISO,aperture, Shutter speed. but I still have to tinker with the settings to get the desired look. What I am looking for is a way to view the metadata for my pictures (ISO,f/, shutter speed, etc.) while viewing the pics on my computer. I can see the data on my camera while looking through liveview but its cumbersome. Basic idea is to compare the settings I used for all of the bad exposures leading up to the one that worked! Any thoughts? I use iPhoto, so if anyone knows a way to access that, maybe a plugin, that will allow me to do that, or another program that will allow me to do that. Thanks in advance for any help!

G