nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

How to blur the background in Capture NX2

dbpatterson

BM
75 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
dbpatterson Registered since 27th May 2009
Mon 19-Oct-09 05:31 PM

I am trying to blur the background in sport pictures so the athletes stand out. I am using Capture NX2. I thought that the free hand Lasso tool would work. I very careful draw around the image I wish to remain sharp, but once I complete the lasso it takes its own, more rounded form, not what I drew. So, I used the other lasso tool that allows you to draw around an image with a bunch of straight lines. I do this, but cannot figure out how to connect the first and last points together to give my shape. It will also take its own more rounded shape once complete.

The Blur effect does work when I apply it to the outside of the lasso, but it is frustrating that what I painstakingly draw does not stay once I am finished. Maybe I am approaching this incorrectly, or using the wrong tool.

Any help greatly appreciated

Visit my website at www.dougpattersonphoto.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: How to blur the background in Capture NX2 TiggerGTO Silver Member
19th Oct 2009
Reply message RE: How to blur the background in Capture NX2 robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Donor Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
20th Oct 2009
     Reply message RE: How to blur the background in Capture NX2 PAStime Silver Member
20th Oct 2009
          Reply message RE: How to blur the background in Capture NX2 CTSean
20th Oct 2009
          Reply message RE: How to blur the background in Capture NX2 PAStime Silver Member
21st Oct 2009
          Reply message RE: How to blur the background in Capture NX2 robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Donor Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
21st Oct 2009
21st Oct 2009
22nd Oct 2009
               Reply message RE: How to blur the background in Capture NX2 dbpatterson
21st Oct 2009
22nd Oct 2009
Reply message RE: How to blur the background in Capture NX2 DrJay32 Gold Member Awarded for his multiple written contributions for the Resources and eZine
19th Oct 2009
Reply message RE: How to blur the background in Capture NX2 dbpatterson
19th Oct 2009
19th Oct 2009

G