nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Software tungsten light correction

JustSomeGuy

Cary, US
82 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM
JustSomeGuy Basic Member
Wed 15-Nov-00 01:17 AM

I obviously need to take a class in color theory, but before I do that... I was playing with a scanned scene, one taken with tungsten light and one taken with flash. I don't have Photoshop per se, but I do have a software package that lets me play with color both through RGB channels and HSB. I was able to correct some of the color shift due to the tungsten light, so that my whites looked white. I was also able to shift the hue so the reds looked red, but ultimately my greens turned out blue.

I understand that Photoshop has the ability to apply somewhat standard filters to images. Can you apply, say, an 80A to an image? If you can, what sorts of correction does this actually apply in terms of RGB(I) and or HSB?

- David Schmidt

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Software tungsten light correction

G