nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS Post-Processing & Workflow (Public) topic #49124
View in linear mode

Subject: "“Saving Image” in ACR – NEF?" Previous topic | Next topic
diff Silver Member  Spokane, US  Nikonian since 31st Jan 2007 Sun 26-Oct-08 03:55 AM
296 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"“Saving Image” in ACR – NEF?"

“Saving Image” in ACR – NEF?

I’m pretty new using ACR. Is there a way to save an image that is opened in ACR as NEF and save it with the same extension? This choice doesn’t appear in the “Save Image” as a file extension.

- - - - - -
~ Rick Diffley ~
Come See My Gallery

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic

walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Colorado Springs, US  Nikonian since 05th May 2002 Sun 26-Oct-08 04:21 AM
15111 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: “Saving Image” in ACR – NEF?"
In response to Reply # 0

The development settings you used to convert the image are saved, usually in a sidecar XMP file, so that the image stays the same if you reopen it. If you want to work on it in Photoshop, you'll need to eventually save it as a PSD, TIFF, JPEF or other file format (not a NEF).

Rick Walker

My photos:

GeoVista Photography

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS Post-Processing & Workflow (Public) topic #49124 Previous topic | Next topic