Help us keep the lights on:
Join this years fundraising campaign and get a limited edition supporter's cap.
Read more about our plans and needs for 2024 and beyond.

X

Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

"Disappeared" 100NCD50 folder

Roberto Stop

Is from: Toronto, CA
3 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Roberto Stop Registered since 05th Jan 2008
Sun 17-Aug-08 10:53 AM
I have a "lost photos" issue.

I have read many of the posted problems and suggested solutions for members who lost photographs and managed to recover them.

I have a D50 with which I took many photographs on a 2GB card.

I had been reviewing the photographs thorughout the trip, so I have assured myself that, indeed, they were there originally.

When I tried to download the photos to my PC via a pocket drive, after a few moments I realized that no photos will be shown.

I checked inside the DCIM folder and there was no "100NCD50" folder, which unfortunately, and obviously, meant that there were no photographs.

I have tried a number of free downloaded photo recovery programs and also purchased the "mediaRECOVERY" payware.

Unfortunately none of them have been able to find any restorable files.

While this is a subject with a lot of information in these forums, the fact that the entire "100NCD50" folder was erased puzzles me and I am at a total loss.

Any suggestions (and even an: "it is hopeless" message) will be greatly appreciated.

Roberto

G