nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Your views on Photo Mechanic and Adobe Lightroom.

rayonline

NZ
1220 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
rayonline Registered since 22nd Jul 2003
Tue 15-May-07 03:00 AM

I just started using it.

Photo Mechanic I thought it was faster but not sure what it accomplishes over Nikon View, I have not used Picture Project but I heard that was clumsy.

Lightroom, I liked it and liked how the printer preview and the slideshow. Its more simple too. I thought it lacked printer profiling, all I gathered was you could choose the profile and that was it, not a lot of options. Cannot deal with layers. I saw it as something like Phase One, C1Pro a general edit before output, but Lightroom was more clumsy not as streamlined as Phase One. If I was editing a lot I think this and Phase One is an option but for real editing I prefer CS2.

What are your views?

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Your views on Photo Mechanic and Adobe Lightroom. LATENTA
15th May 2007
Reply message RE: Your views on Photo Mechanic and Adobe Lightroom. DrJay32 Gold Member Awarded for his multiple written contributions for the Resources and eZine
15th May 2007
Reply message RE: Your views on Photo Mechanic and Adobe Lightroom. Del
16th May 2007
     Reply message RE: Your views on Photo Mechanic and Adobe Lightroom. zeex3
16th May 2007
     Reply message RE: Your views on Photo Mechanic and Adobe Lightroom. DrJay32 Gold Member Awarded for his multiple written contributions for the Resources and eZine
16th May 2007

G