nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
BJNicholls

Salt Lake City, US
10095 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
BJNicholls Gold Member Awarded for his contributions to the community and the Resources Charter Member
Fri 11-Aug-00 04:53 AM

This corner of the site is kind of quiet, so I thought I'd post a photo illustration I created for a client of mine. The composite image was created using four photos. The model's face and the above water portion were taken by a professional photographer I often work with for brochure photos. There are three below-water shots that I took myself using an F5 and a 20mm 2.8 Nikkor. I set the camera in a partially submerged aquarium so I had a view below water. The model's body, the below water spa and a few bubbles are from one image. The bubble streams from the water jets come from two additional shots I took without the model. The background landscape is a licensed stock photo.

I had drum scans made of the selected images of sufficient resolution to create a 2300 x 2300 pixel image for offset printing (CMYK).

This shot would be impossible to take as one image. Water refraction magnifies everything below water. Our Nikonos test shots gave the model a huge body and a tiny head. When the jets are running, the spa instantly fills with bubbles that cloud the water and obscure the model. The waves and splashes made working at the waterline impossible.

I'd like to encourage others to post links to their own Photoshop inventions.

BJ Nicholls
Salt Lake City, UT

BJ

Zenfolio gallery

G