Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) topic #19
View in linear mode

Subject: "Photoshop illustration" Previous topic | Next topic
BJNicholls Gold Member Awarded for his contributions to the community and the Resources Charter MemberFri 11-Aug-00 04:53 AM
10095 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Photoshop illustration"

Salt Lake City, US

This corner of the site is kind of quiet, so I thought I'd post a photo illustration I created for a client of mine. The composite image was created using four photos. The model's face and the above water portion were taken by a professional photographer I often work with for brochure photos. There are three below-water shots that I took myself using an F5 and a 20mm 2.8 Nikkor. I set the camera in a partially submerged aquarium so I had a view below water. The model's body, the below water spa and a few bubbles are from one image. The bubble streams from the water jets come from two additional shots I took without the model. The background landscape is a licensed stock photo.

I had drum scans made of the selected images of sufficient resolution to create a 2300 x 2300 pixel image for offset printing (CMYK).

This shot would be impossible to take as one image. Water refraction magnifies everything below water. Our Nikonos test shots gave the model a huge body and a tiny head. When the jets are running, the spa instantly fills with bubbles that cloud the water and obscure the model. The waves and splashes made working at the waterline impossible.

I'd like to encourage others to post links to their own Photoshop inventions.

BJ Nicholls
Salt Lake City, UT

BJ

Zenfolio gallery

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Charter MemberFri 11-Aug-00 02:03 PM
18316 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Photoshop illustration"
In response to Reply # 0

Rancho Cordova, US

BJ-

Just re-read your "bio" and visited your website. Great images. Winter Olympics 2002, huh? Sounds like fun.

Anthony

Anthony

The Moderator Page and My Gallery
The important things in life are simple; the simple things are hard.

BJNicholls Gold Member Awarded for his contributions to the community and the Resources Charter MemberFri 11-Aug-00 02:39 PM
10095 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Photoshop illustration"
In response to Reply # 1

Salt Lake City, US

Thanks Anthony.

Actually, we're planning a New Zealand trip during the winter games. Only a small percentage of tickets will be available for local residents I've lost my enthusiasm with all the corruption associated with the organizing entities.

BJ Nicholls
Salt Lake City, UT

BJ

Zenfolio gallery

avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Charter MemberFri 11-Aug-00 04:07 PM
18316 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Photoshop illustration"
In response to Reply # 2

Rancho Cordova, US

An architect in our office went to New Zealand last November and to China this past summer. The images (and the vacations) were "magnificent" (her words, but I wouldn't doubt it.) I can empathize with your lack of enthusiasm with the organizers.

Happy Shooting,
Anthony

PS
I enjoy reading your posts in other photography forums.

Anthony

The Moderator Page and My Gallery
The important things in life are simple; the simple things are hard.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) topic #19 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.