nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

New Photoshop User Computer Requirements

jaymor

199 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
jaymor Basic Member
Thu 19-Apr-01 01:38 AM

I am seriously looking into getting equipment for scanning and archiving most of the pics that i have accumulated over a span of 30 years. I went to a local photo shop and I think I am interested in getting an epson 1640 flatbed scanner (I believe this model comes with a negative scanner).Photoshop seems to be the way to go. I still havent decided on the printer but the Epson 1270 seems ok.

My question is about the computer. Can you all recommend the minimum specs that I will need on the computer to get reasonable speed when scanning. Is printing also going to require a minimum on the computer? The local shop tells me that I should be looking into a PC with at least 700 mhz and 512 meg of RAM and 30 gig disk space.
My current machine definitely will not make that (333mhz/32 meg ram/3 gig hard disk). Do i really need that kind of horsepower or more or can I get by with less? I feel I will get a more objective response from you guys... So have at it guys...... Also, will I need a bigger monitor (currently using 15")? Please feel free to comment on everything above. I am quite open at this point of my researching....

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: New Photoshop User Computer Requirements