Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) topic #13943
View in linear mode

Subject: "Curves, etc., in PSE 3.0" Previous topic | Next topic
RYnikon Silver Member Nikonian since 14th Oct 2003Wed 26-Apr-06 01:57 PM
251 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Curves, etc., in PSE 3.0"

Pittsford, US

This is a note of appreciation to Bob Johnson ('bobj'), who posted actions on his website <Curves (and Other Goodies) for Photoshop Elements> that permit using Curves, Channel Mixer, Layer Mask, and Selective Color adjustments in PS Elements 3.0. These are tremendous enhancements to Elements, versions 1.0, 2.0, and 3.0.

At my stage of the learning curve, being able to use these options within PSE 3.0 makes it pointless to consider buying PS CS. Since these actions don't yet work in PSE 4.0, this also makes PSE 3.0 far more desirable than the newer version.

Thank you, Bob!

Robb
Photography: technically fine art!

Robb
Photography: technically fine art!

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

bobj Silver Member Awarded for his multiple written contributions the the community Resources Charter MemberWed 26-Apr-06 10:22 PM
12585 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Curves, etc., in PSE 3.0"
In response to Reply # 0

Sammamish, US

Thanks Robb.

I have yet to find a way to make these work in PSE 4.0, but hopefully will at some point....

Bob Johnson - Earthbound Light - Nikonians Gallery
Nature Photography from the Pacific Northwest and beyond
Lots more new images!! - Weekly Phototips and Articles - RSS Feed

karuba Registered since 27th Apr 2006Thu 27-Apr-06 10:46 AM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Curves, etc., in PSE 3.0"
In response to Reply # 1

Zurich, CH

Bob,

I'm using PSE 4.0 and miss Curves, Layer masks and the Channel Mixer very much. If you could use some help to make your actions work in PSE 4.0 please contact me off-list.

troush Registered since 16th Dec 2005Thu 27-Apr-06 09:39 PM
76 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Curves, etc., in PSE 3.0"
In response to Reply # 2

Aurora, US

Richard Lynch has some (layer masks and other tools) at HiddenElements.com that will work in 4.0. He doesn't have curves, but his book explains how to use gradients to do the same thing.

-Trish

My Homepage

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) topic #13943 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.