Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) topic #136
View in linear mode

Subject: "Photoshop 6.0 print problem" Previous topic | Next topic
Dede Basic MemberTue 17-Apr-01 10:46 AM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Photoshop 6.0 print problem"

When i print a picture to an Epson Stylus color 900 printer with the setting on normal paper, i have no problem ; when i change the setings to photo paper, i get following error message "could not complete the print command because of a program error"
Can somebody help me to solve this problem ? (i already downloaded a new Epson printer driver but nothing changed)
Thanks !
Amado

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

AlanC Basic MemberTue 17-Apr-01 04:38 PM
2700 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Photoshop 6.0 print problem"
In response to Reply # 0

GB

Amado,

If you're using the Windows version of Photoshop 6.0 and have your printer on a USB connection then give the Photoshop 6.01 update from http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/main.html a try: this worked for me with an Epson 2000P that had previously been very troublesome.

Alan.

Dede Basic MemberWed 18-Apr-01 05:47 AM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Photoshop 6.0 print problem"
In response to Reply # 1

Alan,

Even after installing Photoshop 6.01 the problem remains !

Amado

AlanC Basic MemberFri 20-Apr-01 07:55 PM
2700 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Photoshop 6.0 print problem"
In response to Reply # 2

GB

The only other thing I can think of is that the print driver is running out of memory. You could try temporarily decreasing the amount of memory used by Photoshop in Preferences | Physical Memory Usage to see if that helps.

Alan.

Fantazia Basic MemberWed 19-Sep-01 07:51 PM
7 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Photoshop 6.0 print problem"
In response to Reply # 1

Naxos, GR

In photo paper the printer driver makes more than 400% print file. One way is to print to file (.prn) on your hard disk and after that send that file (after closing Photoshop) to the print port. The other way is to import your photo file in an other program (i.e. Corel Draw or open it in Corel Photo Paint) and try to print it. Hope it works

Good Luck!

Fantazy (the Eye)

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) topic #136 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.