nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby CAFÉ English Café (Public) topic #96749
View in linear mode

Subject: "A good life." Previous topic | Next topic
bgs Administrator One of the two c-founders, expert in several areas Awarded for his valuable Nikon product reviews at the Resources   Bratislava, SK  Charter Member Sun 31-Aug-14 08:27 AM
5993 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"A good life."

What a great life I have.

Nikon cameras, friends, a place to call my own, a great family, a couple of dogs, a nice hot cup of coffee on my desk, some good quality wine stashed away, ANPAT 14 coming up...

A new member (mis)posting a reply to one of our oldest topics we have and made it bubble up from the layers of Nikonians history, made me reflect on this and on how cool it is that the Nikonians community is around. Thanks to all of you who ARE the community, who are participating, making photography a joy and to help friendships form.

It is a good life. It is good to be a Nikonian.

Bo Stahlbrandt (Founder & Administrator. Mainly in Bratislava, Slovakia)
Find out more about The Nikonians Team -- See the latest, hottest posts

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: A good life. esantos Moderator Nikonians Resources Writer. Recognized for his outstanding reviews on printers and printing articles. Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas, including Landscape Photography Awarded for his extraordinary accomplishments in Landscape Photography. His work has been exhibited at the Smithsonian.
31st Aug 2014
Reply message RE: A good life. JonK Moderator Awarded for his high level skills and in-depth knowledge in various areas, such as Wildlife, Landscape and Stage Photography Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
31st Aug 2014
Reply message RE: A good life. dwr857 Silver Member
31st Aug 2014
Reply message RE: A good life. bgs Administrator One of the two c-founders, expert in several areas Awarded for his valuable Nikon product reviews at the Resources
01st Sep 2014
     Reply message RE: A good life. William Rounds Gold Member
03rd Sep 2014
Reply message RE: A good life. jimduke59 Platinum Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
01st Sep 2014
Reply message RE: A good life. KMWHITNEY Platinum Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
02nd Sep 2014
Reply message RE: A good life. mnbuilder49 Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in various areas, especially in Interiors Architecture, Landscape and HDR Photography
03rd Sep 2014
Reply message RE: A good life. bgs Administrator One of the two c-founders, expert in several areas Awarded for his valuable Nikon product reviews at the Resources
03rd Sep 2014
Reply message RE: A good life. gpoole Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Awarded for his very generous support to the Fundrasing Campaing 2014 Writer Ribbon awarded for his article contributions for the Articles library and the eZine
03rd Sep 2014
Reply message RE: A good life. Covey22 Moderator Expert in various fields including aviation photography Awarded for his contributions to the Resources and The Nikonian eZine
03rd Sep 2014

esantos Moderator Nikonians Resources Writer. Recognized for his outstanding reviews on printers and printing articles. Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas, including Landscape Photography Awarded for his extraordinary accomplishments in Landscape Photography. His work has been exhibited at the Smithsonian.   McAllen, US  Nikonian since 10th Nov 2002 Sun 31-Aug-14 04:15 PM
12084 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: A good life."
In response to Reply # 0

Amen!

Ernesto Santos
esartprints.com Ernesto Santos Photography

JonK Moderator Awarded for his high level skills and in-depth knowledge in various areas, such as Wildlife, Landscape and Stage Photography Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   New York, US  Nikonian since 03rd Jul 2004 Sun 31-Aug-14 04:28 PM
5432 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: A good life."
In response to Reply # 0

Agreed. Though most of us suffer from NAS…

Jon Kandel
A New York City Nikonian and Team Member
Please visit my website and critique the images!

dwr857 Silver Member  Winston Salem, US  Nikonian since 02nd Aug 2014 Sun 31-Aug-14 04:40 PM
1057 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: A good life."
In response to Reply # 2

LOL Jon and well put Bo!

Don

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

bgs Administrator One of the two c-founders, expert in several areas Awarded for his valuable Nikon product reviews at the Resources   Bratislava, SK  Charter Member Mon 01-Sep-14 04:03 PM
5993 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: A good life."
In response to Reply # 2

Jon,

Hehe. Yes, severe, incurable, chronic, often undiagnosed for years.

William Rounds Gold Member  Rambouillet, FR  Nikonian since 25th Mar 2011 Wed 03-Sep-14 02:11 PM
466 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: A good life."
In response to Reply # 4

>Jon,
>
>Hehe. Yes, severe, incurable, chronic, often undiagnosed for
>years.

Easy to diagnose, expensive to cure.

jimduke59 Platinum Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   The Woodlands, US  Nikonian since 22nd Oct 2013 Mon 01-Sep-14 04:28 PM
36 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: A good life."
In response to Reply # 0

Absolutely. We are very blessed!

KMWHITNEY Platinum Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   San Marcos, US  Nikonian since 02nd Oct 2013 Tue 02-Sep-14 08:40 PM
220 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: A good life."
In response to Reply # 0
Tue 02-Sep-14 08:43 PM by KMWHITNEY

Yes BO & JRP

A good life for sure, thanks guys & gals for allowing me to participate and indulging me with one of my many weaknesses, my Nikons...

Blessings to all Nikonians everywhere!

R/ The PhotogDog (Kent)

**CONTRIBUTE** and become a paid member! "This Is The Best Investment After Your Nikon Cameras & Lenses!!"

My Nikon Collection of 50 + Years: D4, D800, D700, Df-Black, Df-Silver, Nikon1-V1, F6, FG-Black, FG-Silver, FE2-Black, FE2-Silver, FE-Black, FTN-Black, FTN-Silver and a F-Black. **My Nikkor Lenses are another story! New to my user collection are the Oly. OM-D E-M1 and two Pro lenses: 12-40mm f2.8, 40-150mm f2.8 and soon to be Pro 300mm f4!

mnbuilder49 Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in various areas, especially in Interiors Architecture, Landscape and HDR Photography   Lakeville, US  Nikonian since 18th Apr 2006 Wed 03-Sep-14 01:16 AM
4575 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: A good life."
In response to Reply # 0

It is quite a community you and JRP have built. I feel very fortunate to be a part of it.

Larry
http://www.larryandersonphotography.com
http://www.andersonmasterbuilders.com

bgs Administrator One of the two c-founders, expert in several areas Awarded for his valuable Nikon product reviews at the Resources   Bratislava, SK  Charter Member Wed 03-Sep-14 11:31 AM
#8. "RE: A good life."
In response to Reply # 7
Wed 03-Sep-14 11:31 AM by bgs

Thank you, Larry!

As said, the community is you and the other guys and gals making it alive and vibrant. A good place to be at.

gpoole Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Awarded for his very generous support to the Fundrasing Campaing 2014 Writer Ribbon awarded for his article contributions for the Articles library and the eZine   Farmington Hills, US  Nikonian since 14th Feb 2004 Wed 03-Sep-14 01:50 PM
3874 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: A good life."
In response to Reply # 0

I've been a proud member of Nikonians since early in 2004. Yes it's a great life.

I'm really looking forward to seeing some existing Nikonian friends and making some new ones during ANPAT 14. ANPAT 6 convinced me that Nikonians is really the community that Bo, JRP, and others claim it to be. ANPAT is one of the premier Nikonian's events. To me it's the best way to experience the community.

Gary in SE Michigan, USA. Co-organizer of the Southern Michigan Chapter
Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the camera.
D4, D810, D300 (720nm IR conversion), D90, F6, FM3a (black), FM2n (chrome)
YashicaMat 124, Graflex Speed Graphic 4x5
My Nikonians Gallery & Our Chapter Gallery

Covey22 Moderator Expert in various fields including aviation photography Awarded for his contributions to the Resources and The Nikonian eZine   US  Charter Member Wed 03-Sep-14 03:01 PM
10963 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: A good life."
In response to Reply # 0

Concur!

"Toodle-loo from Covey22!"

-Armando
Nikonians Team
Nikonians News - Fresh Everyday!

The Covey Blog!

My Plan:

Get out of the car.
Get closer to the subject.
Pick the right mid-tone this time.

See My Nikonians Gallery

Forums Lobby CAFÉ English Café (Public) topic #96749 Previous topic | Next topic