Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #90975
View in linear mode

Subject: "Typos are fun!" Previous topic | Next topic
mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Tue 05-Nov-13 01:25 PM
5574 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Typos are fun!"

Tacoma, US

I received an E-mail from a local camera club announcing that a member had something to sell. The subject of the E-mail was: "For sale Used Cannon G5"

Not being familiar with this, I did an internet search for G5 Cannon and found this product

I am curious when and how the item for sale was used, but whatever it was, it must have been a blast.

Let the punnery begin.

Mick
http://www.mickklassphoto.com
or
Visit my nikonians gallery

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Typos are fun!
dclarhorn Moderator
05th Nov 2013
Covey22 Moderator
05th Nov 2013
Ineluki Gold Member
05th Nov 2013
esantos Moderator
05th Nov 2013
jbloom Gold Member
05th Nov 2013
KerryS Silver Member
05th Nov 2013
ScottChapin Moderator
05th Nov 2013
Antero52 Silver Member
05th Nov 2013
mklass Platinum Member
06th Nov 2013
GBaylis Silver Member
06th Nov 2013
olivierrychner Gold Member
07th Nov 2013
benveniste Moderator
07th Nov 2013
timpsm Silver Member
07th Nov 2013
dclarhorn Moderator
06th Nov 2013
jdroach Platinum Member
06th Nov 2013
olivierrychner Gold Member
07th Nov 2013
timpsm Silver Member
07th Nov 2013
mklass Platinum Member
07th Nov 2013
timpsm Silver Member
07th Nov 2013

dclarhorn Moderator In depth knowledge and high level skills in a variety of areas including landscape Nikonian since 31st Mar 2002Tue 05-Nov-13 01:32 PM
13987 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Typos are fun!"
In response to Reply # 0

Berwyn Heights, US

Gives a whole new meaning for going out and shooting.

Dan L.
http://www.danlarussophotography.com/

Covey22 Moderator Expert in various fields including aviation photography Awarded for his contributions to the Resources and The Nikonian eZine Charter MemberTue 05-Nov-13 01:37 PM
10408 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Typos are fun!"
In response to Reply # 0

US

And the best news is that with the end of Apartheid, South Africa is free to sell it once again. One of the finest you can buy on the market!

"Toodle-loo from Covey22!"

-Armando
Nikonians Team
Nikonians News - Fresh Everyday!

The Covey Blog!

My Plan:

Get out of the car.
Get closer to the subject.
Pick the right mid-tone this time.

See My Nikonians Gallery

Ineluki Gold Member Nikonian since 03rd Aug 2011Tue 05-Nov-13 01:41 PM
2431 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Typos are fun!"
In response to Reply # 0

Nürnberg, DE

Should be armed too

Egbert

www.allmondo.com

http://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php/ppuser/401509/cat/500/

esantos Moderator Nikonians Resources Writer. Recognized for his outstanding reviews on printers and printing articles. Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas, including Landscape Photography Awarded for his extraordinary accomplishments in Landscape Photography. His work has been exhibited at the Smithsonian. Nikonian since 10th Nov 2002Tue 05-Nov-13 03:11 PM
11378 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Typos are fun!"
In response to Reply # 0

McAllen, US

Now that's a Powershot!!

Ernesto Santos
esartprints.com Ernesto Santos Photography

jbloom Gold Member Awarded for the continuous and generous sharing of his high level expertise and his always encouraging comments in several forums. Nikonian since 15th Jul 2004Tue 05-Nov-13 03:23 PM
5949 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Typos are fun!"
In response to Reply # 0

Wethersfield, US

I was hoping for the retro model.

-- Jon
Wethersfield, CT, USA
Connecticut High School Sports Photos

KerryS Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Nov 2012Tue 05-Nov-13 09:04 PM
150 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Typos are fun!"
In response to Reply # 0

Sedro Woolley, WA, US

New meaning to point and shoot.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

ScottChapin Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in various areas, including Aviation and Birds Photography Charter MemberTue 05-Nov-13 10:44 PM
7821 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Typos are fun!"
In response to Reply # 0

Powder Springs, US

I betcha I could really shoot some band students with that. Do ear plugs come with it?

Scott Chapin
Powder Springs, GA, USA
Nikonians Team Member

Antero52 Silver Member Awarded for his expertise in post-processing, being  consistently helpful and professional. Nikonian since 07th Jul 2009Tue 05-Nov-13 11:58 PM
2488 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Typos are fun!"
In response to Reply # 0

Vantaa, FI

Now that's strange indeed. Which search engine were you using? If you search for a cannon, you should not find a howitzer.

Regards, Antero

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Wed 06-Nov-13 12:27 AM
5574 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Typos are fun!"
In response to Reply # 8

Tacoma, US

>Now that's strange indeed. Which search engine were you
>using? If you search for a cannon, you should not find a
>howitzer.
>
>Regards, Antero

Oh, just Google. But what do they know.

Mick
or

GBaylis Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Sep 2012Wed 06-Nov-13 07:55 AM
229 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: Typos are fun!"
In response to Reply # 0

Oakford, Devon, GB

Crikey. Not sure how itza gonna fit in my camera bag. Think I'll need to get a bigger Think Tank.

Geoff

Visit my Nikonians gallery and my personal website: www.gbphotosandframing.co.uk

olivierrychner Gold Member  Awarded for his long standing high level of commitment to the Nikonians community and demonstrated excellence in the art and science of photography. Nikonian since 03rd Jan 2005Thu 07-Nov-13 09:14 AM
4852 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#14. "RE: Typos are fun!"
In response to Reply # 10

CH

>Crikey. Not sure how itza gonna fit in my camera bag. Think
>I'll need to get a bigger Think Tank.

No need, Sir! It's been upgraded to G6, fully self-propelled

Olivier

benveniste Moderator Awarded for is high level skills in various areas, including Macro and Landscape Photography Nikonian since 25th Nov 2002Thu 07-Nov-13 05:15 PM
9341 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#15. "RE: Typos are fun!"
In response to Reply # 14

Boston Area, US

No need, Sir! It's been upgraded to G6, fully self-propelled

A Pontiac G6, perchance? As a promotion Leica once offered the 800 mm f/6.3 Telyt-S with a free carrying case -- A VW Fox.

"There is no real magic in photography, just the sloppy intersection of physics and art." — Kirk Tuck

timpsm Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Sep 2010Thu 07-Nov-13 06:12 PM
339 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#16. "RE: Typos are fun!"
In response to Reply # 14

Salt Spring Island, CA

A Think Tank should work for the self propelled Tank version.
tim

dclarhorn Moderator In depth knowledge and high level skills in a variety of areas including landscape Nikonian since 31st Mar 2002Wed 06-Nov-13 02:51 PM
13987 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: Typos are fun!"
In response to Reply # 0

Berwyn Heights, US

Is that light enough to handhold?

Dan L.
http://www.danlarussophotography.com/

jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Nikonian since 21st Mar 2009Wed 06-Nov-13 02:56 PM
4135 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#12. "RE: Typos are fun!"
In response to Reply # 0

Milwaukee, US

Now this is a delightful thread…..I am still laughing!

jdroach, a Milwaukee area and sometimes Chicago area Nikonian.

Visit my Nikonians Blog

Visit my Nikonian gallery

My Flickr Photostream

jdroachphotography.com

olivierrychner Gold Member  Awarded for his long standing high level of commitment to the Nikonians community and demonstrated excellence in the art and science of photography. Nikonian since 03rd Jan 2005Thu 07-Nov-13 09:12 AM
4852 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#13. "RE: Typos are fun!"
In response to Reply # 0

CH

And there are people who complain of shutter noise?

Olivier Rychner

Auta i lomë! And my Nikon's only awaiting daylight...

timpsm Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Sep 2010Thu 07-Nov-13 06:32 PM
339 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#17. "RE: Typos are fun!"
In response to Reply # 13

Salt Spring Island, CA

Possibly dust and oil are also issues.

tim

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Thu 07-Nov-13 07:19 PM
#18. "RE: Typos are fun!"
In response to Reply # 17

Tacoma, US

The main questions I am still pondering:

1. For focus fine tuning, what kind of target do you use?

2. While image editing may be non-distructive, I imagine that image capture is the opposite. In fact, "capture" could take on a whole new meaning.

Mick
or

timpsm Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Sep 2010Thu 07-Nov-13 07:41 PM
#19. "RE: Typos are fun!"
In response to Reply # 18

Salt Spring Island, CA

It gives new meaning to Chimping as well I suppose. If the first shot doesn't look like what you wanted, well, tough. The second shot will look even worse.
tim

Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #90975 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.