Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #90694
View in linear mode

Subject: "FUTURCAM" Previous topic | Next topic
buffumjr Registered since 05th Jun 2013Mon 28-Oct-13 01:31 PM
168 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"FUTURCAM"
Mon 28-Oct-13 01:37 PM by buffumjr

US

I've been watching what has been happening with electronics for a long time.

There was an episode of the "X-Files", where Scully and Mulder were investigating a death in a cheap motel. They ran across what seemed to be an insect, but was really a tiny robot. As all the X-Files episodes, well done.

The original cameras were heavy wooden things. You exposed by manually uncovering the lens, counting, and re-covering.

Recently, cell phone and iPad cameras have been improving dramatically. In fact, there are kits for changeable lenses for them. The iPad has a kit out there for tripod mounting your iPad, with its changeable lens.

Back in the seventies, the spy movies had these tiny spy cams. Then, it was science fiction. Today, it's for real. A camera the size of a dime, with a lens that can peep through a 1/16" hole and take excellent pictures. Cameras so small and light, you can mount them in your hat band, in your bow tie , on a 4 prop model helicopter, and take good pics.

A controversy that surfaced two years or more ago, (see "mark of the beast") was the development of ID capsules, to carry in the place of credit cards, drivers licenses, membership cards, security access cards, etc. These would be imbedded in the flesh, and would be readable at close range, like your toll booth chip in your car windshield. The controversy was whether it would be mandatory.

With ultra tiny circuitry, GPS, and cellular transmitter could be included, so your location would always be known. Add to that a to-be-developed super sophisticated camera, and think of the hands-free photography, you could instantly post to your favorite social media site. Not too big a jump to have it be eye movement controlled, like the fire direction system currently in the helmet of Apache helicopter pilots.

Never again would you moan, "Gee, I wish I had my camer here!"

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

KnightPhoto Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2006Tue 26-Nov-13 02:22 AM
4090 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: FUTURCAM"
In response to Reply # 0

Alberta, CA

>...
>A controversy that surfaced two years or more ago, (see
>"mark of the beast") was the development of ID
>capsules, to carry in the place of credit cards, drivers
>licenses, membership cards, security access cards, etc. These
>would be imbedded in the flesh, and would be readable at close
>range, like your toll booth chip in your car windshield. The
>controversy was whether it would be mandatory.
>
>With ultra tiny circuitry, GPS, and cellular transmitter could
>be included, so your location would always be known. Add to
>that a to-be-developed super sophisticated camera, and think
>of the hands-free photography, you could instantly post to
>your favorite social media site. Not too big a jump to have
>it be eye movement controlled, like the fire direction system
>currently in the helmet of Apache helicopter pilots.
>
>Never again would you moan, "Gee, I wish I had my camer
>here!"

Yeah, absolutely these things will happen. I work in IT and we spend big dollars in the development of user authentication and user authorization on each and every large IT system developed in the industry. A giant waste of time and money identifying me as an authorized user in dozens of different places. I have long said give me a chip in my wrist and no more passwords and BS

Am only half joking.

I once read a most awesome SF book where a key protagonist invented cameras as small as pollen that were spread around and networked together to provide a powerful surveillance capability to the good guys battling a big-brother/Skynet opponent - what a great book!

Best regards, SteveK

'A camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.' -- Dorothea Lange
My Nikonians gallery
My Nikonians Blog

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #90694 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.