nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

FUTURCAM

buffumjr

US
249 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
buffumjr Registered since 05th Jun 2013
Mon 28-Oct-13 01:31 PM | edited Mon 28-Oct-13 01:37 PM by buffumjr

I've been watching what has been happening with electronics for a long time.

There was an episode of the "X-Files", where Scully and Mulder were investigating a death in a cheap motel. They ran across what seemed to be an insect, but was really a tiny robot. As all the X-Files episodes, well done.

The original cameras were heavy wooden things. You exposed by manually uncovering the lens, counting, and re-covering.

Recently, cell phone and iPad cameras have been improving dramatically. In fact, there are kits for changeable lenses for them. The iPad has a kit out there for tripod mounting your iPad, with its changeable lens.

Back in the seventies, the spy movies had these tiny spy cams. Then, it was science fiction. Today, it's for real. A camera the size of a dime, with a lens that can peep through a 1/16" hole and take excellent pictures. Cameras so small and light, you can mount them in your hat band, in your bow tie , on a 4 prop model helicopter, and take good pics.

A controversy that surfaced two years or more ago, (see "mark of the beast") was the development of ID capsules, to carry in the place of credit cards, drivers licenses, membership cards, security access cards, etc. These would be imbedded in the flesh, and would be readable at close range, like your toll booth chip in your car windshield. The controversy was whether it would be mandatory.

With ultra tiny circuitry, GPS, and cellular transmitter could be included, so your location would always be known. Add to that a to-be-developed super sophisticated camera, and think of the hands-free photography, you could instantly post to your favorite social media site. Not too big a jump to have it be eye movement controlled, like the fire direction system currently in the helmet of Apache helicopter pilots.

Never again would you moan, "Gee, I wish I had my camer here!"

G