Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #905
View in linear mode

Subject: "Nikon Mug Nikon gadget bag... what do you think ?" Previous topic | Next topic
gewe21 Basic MemberTue 23-Jan-01 10:08 PM
197 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Nikon Mug Nikon gadget bag... what do you think ?"

Milwaukee, US

Hi fellow Nikonians,
just for intermezzo here... (do you have that word in English ?)

http://www.cae.wisc.edu/~hadipoes/nikon/DSCF0028.JPG
http://www.cae.wisc.edu/~hadipoes/nikon/DSCF0029.JPG

What do you think of the mug ? I got it (found it, actually ; some "idiot" left it on the table after a photography conference) spring '01 while I was working part time as an audio visual support guy at UW Madison (I AM still studying there, my senior year, Mechanical Engr.).
It was quite a lucky day, finding a "Nikon" mug while I was just starting to learn photography using my Nikon N70.

As for the gadget bag, don't critisize me on that. I know it's not built as good nor as well thought ( well designed ) as Tamrac, Domke, or LowePro, but a least it has "Nikon" written on it. Besides, it's quite cheap. I asked my brother to get me one last December, and send it to the US. I bought it for US$25 (250,000.00 rupiah, in Indonesia). All my gears ( F80, 80-200, speedlight and two other lenses ) do fit in there allright, and still leaving some room for a bit more gear.

George

George Oei
Madison, WI
"Dude, you're getting a Nikkor !!!"

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Nikon Mug Nikon gadget bag... what do you think ?
jrp Administrator
23rd Jan 2001
gewe21
23rd Jan 2001
jrp Administrator
23rd Jan 2001
gewe21
24th Jan 2001
kdsmithjr Silver Member
25th Jan 2001
gewe21
25th Jan 2001
kdsmithjr Silver Member
25th Jan 2001
AdamDetrick
31st Jan 2001

jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources Charter MemberTue 23-Jan-01 10:44 PM
34636 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Nikon Mug Nikon gadget bag... what do you think ?"
In response to Reply # 0

San Pedro Garza García, MX

Nice.
The bag looks like a mesh coat d'arms.
The glass mug also looks very nice. Congratulations.
Could I bother you with filing a profile?
Thanks and ........
Have a great time
JRP
My profile
Previous photography stuff, before Nikonians:
A Brief Love Story

Have a great time
JRP (Founder & Administrator. Nikonian at the north-eastern Mexican desert) Gallery, Brief Love Story, The Team
Join the Silver, Gold and Platinum members that help this happen; upgrade. Join your personal web site to the Nikonians WebRing
Make sure you check our workshops at The Nikonians Academy and the product catalog of the Photo Pro Shop

gewe21 Basic MemberTue 23-Jan-01 11:08 PM
197 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Nikon Mug Nikon gadget bag... what do you think ?"
In response to Reply # 1

Milwaukee, US

"The bag looks like a mesh coat d'arms."
And that means ??
No, actually the outside material looks and feels exactly just like any other camera bag. That must've been the effect of using flash.

And about a profile, sure. Where should I write that ? Just here in this message threads, or any special place (message thread) on this forum ?

George

George Oei
Madison, WI

jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources Charter MemberTue 23-Jan-01 11:35 PM
34636 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Nikon Mug Nikon gadget bag... what do you think ?"
In response to Reply # 2

San Pedro Garza García, MX

LAST EDITED ON Jan-24-01 AT 01:40 AM (GMT)

I should have said "Chain mail", this armor is made of interlocking metal rings (mesh). It is always worn with a layer of quilted fabric padding underneath to prevent painful chafing and to cushion the impact of blows (from axes and swords, for example). Several layers of mail are normally hung over vital areas. The links yield easily to blows, absorbing some of the shock. Most of the weight of this armor is carried on the shoulders and it is very uncomfortable to wear for long periods of time. On top of it goes the full forged metal armor of the Middle Ages warriors.
Now as for a profile: on the top of the page at the Lobby, click on User, then click "Modify Profile", then click "Submit" and then add it, when done: click "Submit" again and that is that, ok?
Have a great time
JRP
My profile
Previous photography stuff, before Nikonians:
A Brief Love Story

Have a great time
JRP (Founder & Administrator. Nikonian at the north-eastern Mexican desert) Gallery, Brief Love Story, The Team
Join the Silver, Gold and Platinum members that help this happen; upgrade. Join your personal web site to the Nikonians WebRing
Make sure you check our workshops at The Nikonians Academy and the product catalog of the Photo Pro Shop

gewe21 Basic MemberWed 24-Jan-01 12:09 AM
#4. "RE: Nikon Mug Nikon gadget bag... what do you think ?"
In response to Reply # 3

Milwaukee, US

Have just done that while watching Nash Bridges, jrp.
Check it out

George Oei
Mechanical Engineering, senior year
U.W. Madison

George Oei
Madison, WI

kdsmithjr Silver Member Charter MemberThu 25-Jan-01 12:51 AM
2592 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Nikon Mug Nikon gadget bag... what do you think ?"
In response to Reply # 0

Ithaca, US

Hmmm. Does coffee taste any better in a Nikon mug? As to the bag, I don't know about indonesia, but here in the US, most folks will tell you that it would probably be better if you bag said "Wal-Mart" as opposed to Nikon. Thieves hate Wal-Mart cameras.
Keith D. Smith

K. D. Smith, Jr.
My gallery: http://www.nikonians-images.org/galleries/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/1334

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

gewe21 Basic MemberThu 25-Jan-01 01:36 PM
#6. "RE: Nikon Mug Nikon gadget bag... what do you think ?"
In response to Reply # 5

Milwaukee, US

About the coffee, the answer is no. In fact, I've never used it to drink anything.
About the Walmart thing, I guess you're right. sigh...
What if I add somekind of Walmart Tag ?
just kidding...

George Oei
Mechanical Engineering, senior year
U.W. Madison

George Oei
Madison, WI

kdsmithjr Silver Member Charter MemberThu 25-Jan-01 10:57 PM
2592 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Nikon Mug Nikon gadget bag... what do you think ?"
In response to Reply # 6

Ithaca, US

Actually, my own bag says "Domke." Even the thieves who specialize in cameras know that Domke cameras are really, really bad. Only rank amateurs use them.
Keith D. Smith

K. D. Smith, Jr.
My gallery: http://www.nikonians-images.org/galleries/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/1334

AdamDetrick Basic MemberWed 31-Jan-01 02:55 AM
34 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#8. "RE: Nikon Mug Nikon gadget bag... what do you think ?"
In response to Reply # 7

US

Of course no one would steal a camera in a Wal-Mart bag . . . Wal-Mart sells Cannon products, not Nikon.

Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #905 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.