nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #902
View in linear mode

Subject: "New Nikon USA website" Previous topic | Next topic
avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Charter MemberTue 23-Jan-01 08:46 PM
18629 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"New Nikon USA website"

Rancho Cordova, US

So I'm looking for a set of binoculars and I'm thinking lets go with Nikon not necessarily because of blind brand loyalty but because they are a very good optical company. Anyways, I went to the website and it appears to me as fi they have finally updated the website. I don't know why, but I never really liked the old one.

Anyways, take a look: www.nikonusa.com

By the way, I'm looking for a pair of binoculars for astronomy. I know I want a 7x50 or a 10x50 with a long eye relief (I wear glasses). Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

I also found out that Nikon has a Binocular No Fault Policy , too bad there isn't a Photography No Fault Policy.

Anthony

Anthony

The Moderator Page and My Gallery
The important things in life are simple; the simple things are hard.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources Charter MemberTue 23-Jan-01 09:43 PM
35259 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: New Nikon USA website"
In response to Reply # 0

San Pedro Garza García, MX

LAST EDITED ON Jan-23-01 AT 11:04 PM (GMT)

Yes, they have been keeping themselves busy revamping the Nikon USA site for some time now. However, I just don't like the gray (rat) colored background.
It woud seem that the guys doing it are no photographers.
At least in some instances; for example, if you want to see the technical specs on a lens, they give you it's weight and overall dimensions.
On the binoculars:
Look into the Sports Section (or Birding) for the Action V 10x50 Lookout IV
also, into the Active Lifestyles (or Hunting) for the Tundra ATB 10x50
Probably one of the best is the Superior E 12x50 (Birding)
I had a great Astronomy Astroluxe 10x70 that got "lost" and I will need to replace for my wife.
Another model, a very compact 10X50 (which I don't see in the new lineup), I enjoyed for quite a long time for any type of activity, but then some friends of my daughter borrowed them for an outing and returned them without the rubber eyecups (#^@!*&+!!!).
Have a great time
JRP
My profile
Previous photography stuff, before Nikonians:
A Brief Love Story

Have a great time
JRP (Founder & Administrator. Nikonian at the north-eastern Mexican desert) Gallery, Brief Love Story, The Team
Join the Silver, Gold and Platinum members that help this happen; upgrade. Join your personal web site to the Nikonians WebRing
Make sure you check our workshops at The Nikonians Academy and the product catalog of the Photo Pro Shop

avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Charter MemberFri 26-Jan-01 09:36 PM
18629 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: New Nikon USA website"
In response to Reply # 1

Rancho Cordova, US

JRP-

I agree, whoever is setitng up the technical specs on lenses missed the boat...I hope the full product line catalogs maintain the information.

As far as the binoculars are concerned, I went with the Action V series, 7x50 shoreline under $100 at B&H. Nice and bright. I decided against the 10x50 because of the shallower eye relief. These things are BRIGHT. If I upgrade, I'm definately looking into the Superior E 12x50. Sorry to hear about the "lost" Astroluxe - that would definately put me back some.

Hope everything went well with the surgery. Keeping you in my prayers...

Anthony

Anthony

The Moderator Page and My Gallery
The important things in life are simple; the simple things are hard.

Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #902 Previous topic | Next topic