nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #89525
View in linear mode

Subject: "Twinkies are Back!" Previous topic | Next topic
snegron Silver Member Nikonian since 05th May 2007Sat 27-Jul-13 06:01 PM
1579 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Twinkies are Back!"

Cape Coral, Florida, US

After almost a year I got to eat a Twinkie again yesterday! Maybe it's just me, but they seem a tad different. I found them somewhat smaller and the texture seemed slightly different as well. The yellow sponge area seemed a bit chewier than the old ones. Other than that, they taste like the originals!

p.s. I would post a picture but my hands are still sticky after eating several Twinkies...

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Twinkies are Back!
2pixels_short Gold Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest
27th Jul 2013
snegron Silver Member
27th Jul 2013
autoexer Silver Member
03rd Aug 2013
snegron Silver Member
03rd Aug 2013
km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography
03rd Aug 2013
snegron Silver Member
03rd Aug 2013
MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas
04th Aug 2013

2pixels_short Gold Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 16th Oct 2003Sat 27-Jul-13 06:48 PM
888 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Twinkies are Back!"
In response to Reply # 0

Anchorage, US

The current producers claim that the change in size and expiration date was instituted by the Interstate Bakery people prior to bankruptcy.
Expiration date is now 45 days after production and the new owners will produce your order without a date stamp and freeze it for you so you can add your own date later.

Mike in Alaska

Visit Fortymile Photo

snegron Silver Member Nikonian since 05th May 2007Sat 27-Jul-13 06:52 PM
1579 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Twinkies are Back!"
In response to Reply # 1

Cape Coral, Florida, US

>The current producers claim that the change in size and
>expiration date was instituted by the Interstate Bakery people
>prior to bankruptcy.
>Expiration date is now 45 days after production and the new
>owners will produce your order without a date stamp and freeze
>it for you so you can add your own date later.
>
>Mike in Alaska
>

>Visit Fortymile Photo
>

Interesting! I wonder if the new texture is a result of this?

p.s. I also noticed it has more cream filling than the original Twinkie.

autoexer Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Jan 2011Sat 03-Aug-13 02:26 AM
1023 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Twinkies are Back!"
In response to Reply # 2

Waukesha, US

I had the same feeling - that the new ones are not the same as the old ones, not as good in my opinion...

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Df, FA, FG, F

snegron Silver Member Nikonian since 05th May 2007Sat 03-Aug-13 03:07 AM
#4. "RE: Twinkies are Back!"
In response to Reply # 3
Sat 03-Aug-13 03:08 AM by snegron

Cape Coral, Florida, US

>I had the same feeling - that the new ones are not the same
>as the old ones, not as good in my opinion...

While working my way through box # 2, I noticed that some in the same box have more cream filling than others. The Twinkies of old were pretty uniform in that respect. Also, I noticed that these new Twinkies are shaped somewhat differently than the old ones. These new ones are narrower on one end, wider on the other.

p.s. New diet and exercise program starting soon to rid myself of the extra weight gained by these Twinkies.

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009Sat 03-Aug-13 10:33 AM
3361 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Twinkies are Back!"
In response to Reply # 4

St Petersburg, RU

It is just the Twinkies that have been brought back? When I was a little kid I loved the Sno Balls. Never cared for Twinkies. Haven't seen either for 50 years however.
The irregular shape is probably due to early production adjustments not completed but also it could be a new work force that never made them or adjusted the production machines. The experienced workers were all fired.
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

snegron Silver Member Nikonian since 05th May 2007Sat 03-Aug-13 07:22 PM
#6. "RE: Twinkies are Back!"
In response to Reply # 5

Cape Coral, Florida, US

>It is just the Twinkies that have been brought back? When I
>was a little kid I loved the Sno Balls. Never cared for
>Twinkies. Haven't seen either for 50 years however.
>The irregular shape is probably due to early production
>adjustments not completed but also it could be a new work
>force that never made them or adjusted the production
>machines. The experienced workers were all fired.
>Stan
>St Petersburg Russia

Visit
>my
>Nikonians gallery>.

I haven't seen Sno Balls out there yet. My guess is that they are probably seeing how well Twinkies do before releasing anything else. I hope they can get Twinkies back to what they were like before.

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Sun 04-Aug-13 02:36 PM
26974 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Twinkies are Back!"
In response to Reply # 6

US

They seem to be selling very well.
I was at the Supermarket yesterday and noticed that the large end cab shelf for Twinkies was empty.
They had Cupcakes though.

Best Regards,
Marty

Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #89525 Previous topic | Next topic