Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #89390
View in linear mode

Subject: "Is this OUR guy?" Previous topic | Next topic
Vlad_IT Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Sep 2011Fri 19-Jul-13 03:15 AM
1063 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Is this OUR guy?"

US

Found this image very funny

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Is this OUR guy?
golfercat Silver Member
19th Jul 2013
blw Moderator
19th Jul 2013
Leonard62 Gold Member
25th Jul 2013
Covey22 Moderator
19th Jul 2013
Vlad_IT Silver Member
19th Jul 2013
Covey22 Moderator
19th Jul 2013
david_mathre Platinum Member
20th Jul 2013
MEMcD Moderator
20th Jul 2013
nikondcc Silver Member
23rd Jul 2013
Ferguson Silver Member
23rd Jul 2013
blw Moderator
24th Jul 2013
MEMcD Moderator
26th Jul 2013
kennoll Gold Member
25th Jul 2013
richardd300 Silver Member
27th Jul 2013

golfercat Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Sep 2012Fri 19-Jul-13 03:31 AM
190 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Is this OUR guy?"
In response to Reply # 0

Menifee, US

That is quite a collection of glass. would be impossible to track anything in that configuration. COULD GET sequential shots though.
I
Nice display of glass, but more than I could ever carry or afford.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas Nikonian since 18th Jun 2004Fri 19-Jul-13 12:47 PM
26572 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#2. "RE: Is this OUR guy?"
In response to Reply # 0

Richmond, US

That should be one heck of a tripod!!! That's 15lbs worth of bodies alone, forget the glass. The lens on the right is one of the old manual focus models - a 50-300? Doesn't look like a 200-600.

Actually, they all look like they're manual focus models... aren't those all F4's with MF-23's? The hair style also makes this look like the 80's...

_____
Brian... a bicoastal Nikonian and Team Member

My gallery is online. Comments and critique welcomed any time!

Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Nikonian since 15th Mar 2009Thu 25-Jul-13 12:51 PM
2937 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#12. "RE: Is this OUR guy?"
In response to Reply # 2

Hatboro, Pa, US

>That should be one heck of a tripod!!! That's 15lbs worth of
>bodies alone, forget the glass. The lens on the right is one
>of the old manual focus models - a 50-300? Doesn't look like
>a 200-600.
>

The lens on the right looks like the single ring AIS 200-400mm f4. All the 50-300mm lenses are two ring.

I'm sure the bodies are F4's with MF-23 backs. They look exactly like mine. That really is quite a setup. I'd love to know what he was shooting, maybe a rocket launch.

Len

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Covey22 Moderator Expert in various fields including aviation photography Awarded for his contributions to the Resources and The Nikonian eZine Charter MemberFri 19-Jul-13 01:57 PM
10574 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Is this OUR guy?"
In response to Reply # 0

US

We have this shot somewhere in our archives. We always wanted to see the actual tripod head setup that he built to hold those cameras.

But THIS should be our guy.

http://i2.wp.com/www.petapixel.com/assets/uploads/2012/04/12001700_mini.jpg?resize=620%2C430

"Toodle-loo from Covey22!"

-Armando
Nikonians Team
Nikonians News - Fresh Everyday!

The Covey Blog!

My Plan:

Get out of the car.
Get closer to the subject.
Pick the right mid-tone this time.

See My Nikonians Gallery

Vlad_IT Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Sep 2011Fri 19-Jul-13 06:20 PM
1063 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Is this OUR guy?"
In response to Reply # 3
Fri 19-Jul-13 06:21 PM by Vlad_IT

US

as all lenses are pointed in the same direction and some of them are manual (means pre-focused?) , and i see two cords on the right must be remote release cables - it very possible the guys is trying to get simultanious picture of something at different focal legnthes. maybe a suttle lanch or something like that?

Best regards,
Vlad

Covey22 Moderator Expert in various fields including aviation photography Awarded for his contributions to the Resources and The Nikonian eZine Charter MemberFri 19-Jul-13 09:15 PM
10574 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Is this OUR guy?"
In response to Reply # 4

US

I believe he was at an airshow. Regardless, unless he tuned the alignment of all cameras to a common point, he will have parallax issues getting identical or close framing.

"Toodle-loo from Covey22!"

-Armando
Nikonians Team
Nikonians News - Fresh Everyday!

The Covey Blog!

My Plan:

Get out of the car.
Get closer to the subject.
Pick the right mid-tone this time.

See My Nikonians Gallery

david_mathre Platinum Member Nikonian since 23rd Nov 2006Sat 20-Jul-13 08:33 PM
530 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Is this OUR guy?"
In response to Reply # 5

Skillman, US

I've seen a duplex version at an airshow before, but never five.

DJM

"Images of the Day" PhotoBlog
My Nikonians Gallery
ShepArtPhotography Gallery

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Sat 20-Jul-13 06:41 AM
25662 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Is this OUR guy?"
In response to Reply # 3

US

He can't be very comfortable with about 40 pounds worth of lens and camera over his right shoulder, about 15 pounds hanging from his left shoulder and at least that much though likely much more hanging from his right shoulder. Some of those vest pockets look full too.

Best Regards,
Marty

nikondcc Silver Member Nikonian since 25th Mar 2008Tue 23-Jul-13 04:15 AM
58 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Is this OUR guy?"
In response to Reply # 0

South Easton, US

It is funny ! ON the other hand could it be a sales rep displaying five different lenses so that potential buyers could see the difference . It appears there are papers or tags that might have a description of the products . I may be stating the obvious and embarrassing myself OH WELL !

Ferguson Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Aug 2004Tue 23-Jul-13 11:46 PM
3505 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Is this OUR guy?"
In response to Reply # 0

Cape Coral, US

What bodies are they, they appear somewhat strange. They look identical, but they don't appear to have a LCD on the back for image display. Are they film?

Linwood

Comments welcomed on pictures: Http://www.captivephotons.com

blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas Nikonian since 18th Jun 2004Wed 24-Jul-13 06:46 AM
26572 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#10. "RE: Is this OUR guy?"
In response to Reply # 9

Richmond, US

I think they are F4's with the mF-23 data back. If you look closely, all the lenses are MF, and I think this image dates from the 1990's.

_____
Brian... a bicoastal Nikonian and Team Member

My gallery is online. Comments and critique welcomed any time!

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Fri 26-Jul-13 10:05 PM
25662 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#13. "RE: Is this OUR guy?"
In response to Reply # 10

US

>I think they are F4's with the mF-23 data back.

Yes! Definitely F4s (F4 w/MB-21)bodies with MF-23 data backs.

Best Regards,
Marty

kennoll Gold Member Nikonian since 07th Feb 2011Thu 25-Jul-13 01:55 AM
772 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: Is this OUR guy?"
In response to Reply # 0

Seattle, US

I tried all manner of things trying to read the tags on his hat to see if I could get more info on he event he was shooting. But, no luck.

Ken
Seattle, WA
My Gallery

richardd300 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2009Sat 27-Jul-13 04:37 PM
3322 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#14. "RE: Is this OUR guy?"
In response to Reply # 11

Dyserth, GB

That's like a "nice NAS" dream

Richard

Visit my Nikonians gallery

Visit my website www.pixels4u.co.uk
The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. Einstein

Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #89390 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.