Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #89316
View in linear mode

Subject: "Contests and assignments..." Previous topic | Next topic
dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community Nikonian since 12th Sep 2006Sat 13-Jul-13 09:20 PM
11497 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Contests and assignments..."

Lowden, US

I have created a post over in the Nikonians Photo Contest forum listing all of the ongoing contests, challenges and online assignments.

We currently have 6 ongoing competitions - Wildlife, Landscape, Macro, Sports, Travel and Underwater – as well as the monthly online assignment. Each of those forums has a thread that is open for entries for the current month as well as a poll to decide the winner of the previous month’s competition.

The forum contests and the online assignment are more important than ever as they are now a prelude to the big Annual Nikonians Photo Contest. Last year’s contest, the Nikonians Triple Crown, was made up solely of the winners of the contests held in the forums throughout the year.

If you would like a chance at this year’s annual photo contest – you need to participate in the competitions listed here - in the Photo Contest forum.

Our membership chooses the winners in all of these competitions so - please stop by and vote in the contest polls.

I will update that post monthly to ensure that all of these contests are easy to find. I will also add a links to any relevant information about the Annual Photo Contest as soon as it is available.

Dave Summers
Lowden, Iowa
Nikonians Photo Contest Director

Nikonians membership -
"My most important photographic investment, after the camera"

My Nikonians Gallery | SummersPhotoGraphic.com | My Crated Gallery
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Showcase your best work in any of our 7 Monthly Nikonians Photo contests.

Wildlife | Landscape | Macro | Sports | Travel | Online Assignments | Best of Nikonians 2014

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Contests and assignments...
KenLPhotos Gold Member
14th Jul 2013
dm1dave Administrator
15th Jul 2013
dm1dave Administrator
27th Jul 2013
Reply message Underwater winner
dm1dave Administrator
20th Aug 2013

KenLPhotos Gold Member Nikonian since 26th Jul 2009Sun 14-Jul-13 12:39 PM
1418 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Contests and assignments..."
In response to Reply # 0

Stewartstown, US

Thanks for putting all contests in one place. It is sure to help get more voting, which is not well used by the membership.

KenL

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

There are many 'images of beautiful objects' but few 'beautiful images of objects'.

dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community Nikonian since 12th Sep 2006Mon 15-Jul-13 11:07 PM
11497 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Contests and assignments..."
In response to Reply # 1
Mon 15-Jul-13 11:46 PM by dm1dave

Lowden, US

Thanks Ken!

I have enjoyed all of the monthly contests here since I first joined Nikonians.

These contests have advantages that are hard to find anywhere else…

- Everyone can see all of the entries as they come in during the month
- For most of these contests a regular member, a previous winner, chooses the theme each month
- Members, again a previous winner, choose the 6 finalists in each contest
- All members have the opportunity to vote for the overall winners

These contests were set-up to help us all “Share, Learn and Inspire.”

Dave Summers
Lowden, Iowa

Nikonians membership -

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wildlife | Landscape | Macro | Sports | Travel | Online Assignments | Best of Nikonians 2014

dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community Nikonian since 12th Sep 2006Sat 27-Jul-13 03:22 AM
#4. "RE: Contests and assignments..."
In response to Reply # 0
Fri 02-Aug-13 03:43 AM by dm1dave

Lowden, US

All of the monthly contest have been updated. We are still waiting for some of finalist to be chosen for some of the polls.

Dave Summers
Lowden, Iowa

Nikonians membership -

dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community Nikonian since 12th Sep 2006Tue 20-Aug-13 03:27 PM
#5. "Underwater winner"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue 20-Aug-13 03:29 PM by dm1dave

Lowden, US

We have a winner in the Second Quarter contest in the Underwater forum.

Please congratulate Karen Willshaw on her winning image.

http://www.nikonians.org/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=171&topic_id=2145&mesg_id=2145&page=

We are still taking entries for the 3rd Quarter Contest.

Dave Summers
Lowden, Iowa

Nikonians membership -

Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #89316 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.