nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

The newest high megapixel camera - Nokia 1020 Smartphone

ericbowles

Atlanta, US
9358 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005
Thu 11-Jul-13 04:58 PM

The 41 megapixel Nokia 1020 is the new leader for high resolution images - and its a smartphone.

http://reviews.cnet.com/smartphones/nokia-lumia-1020/4505-6452_7-35822762.html

One of the interesting features - and I don't fully understand it - is an oversampling process that provides loss free zooming on a 5 megapixel image.

Clearly the camera wars are at work in the smartphone market. This may be where Nikon enters the market with some sort of smartphone. The concept of oversampling can be used in a number of ways - including extending dynamic range or extending focus. If you can do it in software, they can move the software to the phone.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Fall Workshops - Golf Photography at the Tour Championship and Fall Color in the Smokies

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: The newest high megapixel camera - Nokia 1020 Smart...

G