Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #88926
View in linear mode

Subject: "Rejected from Street Snaps" Previous topic | Next topic
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Wed 12-Jun-13 05:30 PM
8876 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Rejected from Street Snaps"

Atlanta, US

This is a funny video from a pro photographer about being rejected for impromptu photos.

http://petapixel.com/2013/06/11/humor-the-pain-of-being-rejected-as-someones-impromptu-photographer/

The key is you have to make these photos look like a snapshot. The typical idea is to cut of the head, feet, or arms, but there are certainly other approaches. Holding the camera upside down usually works pretty well.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

coolmom42 Silver Member Awarded for her enthusiastic support of the community and exemplifying the Nikonian mission “Share, Learn and Inspire” Nikonian since 01st Dec 2011Thu 13-Jun-13 02:27 AM
3098 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Rejected from Street Snaps"
In response to Reply # 0

McEwen, US

I know EXACTLY how she feels!!!

Too funny, Eric.

working on it in Middle TN
Nikon D3100

35 mm 1.8 Nikkor
18-55 mm Nikkor VR
55-200 mm Nikkor VR
55-300 mm Nikkor VR
150-500 mm Sigma OS
Feisol CT3471 & Markins M20 ballhead

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

ZoneV Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Jan 2005Thu 13-Jun-13 05:12 AM
3499 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Rejected from Street Snaps"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu 13-Jun-13 05:13 AM by ZoneV

US

I just happened to watch this video yesterday while browsing youtube. Coincidence. Btw, that girl is the same age as me. It's good to see someone our age making fun of situations like this for once.

An undeniable paradox: To think that there is any such thing as an absolute rule is at worst naïve, and at best, shortsighted. There is no such thing as an always-true, all context- or situation-salient, absolute rule that always holds true…including this one!

ScottChapin Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in various areas, including Aviation and Birds Photography Charter MemberThu 13-Jun-13 10:09 AM
8216 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Rejected from Street Snaps"
In response to Reply # 0

Powder Springs, US

I'm never going to take somebody's picture for them again!

Scott Chapin
Powder Springs, GA, USA
Nikonians Team Member

Covey22 Moderator Expert in various fields including aviation photography Awarded for his contributions to the Resources and The Nikonian eZine Charter MemberThu 13-Jun-13 02:29 PM
10842 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Rejected from Street Snaps"
In response to Reply # 0

US

While it's a sarcastic/humor clip, I'm actually surprised that anyone still gets solicited for snaps. The current trend is to do "selfies" (self-portraits). The equipment is small enough & lenses wide enough to do it without the help of a second party. In fact, the last time I helped to take a picture of someone using their camera was because my wife saw a family trying to take a selfie and elbowed me hard to help. I grimaced when I saw what she was pointing at and believe me, I was reluctant and the other party was equally so. I took the snap, and they went right back to trying to get their selfie.

"Toodle-loo from Covey22!"

-Armando
Nikonians Team
Nikonians News - Fresh Everyday!

The Covey Blog!

My Plan:

Get out of the car.
Get closer to the subject.
Pick the right mid-tone this time.

See My Nikonians Gallery

Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #88926 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.