Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #88903
View in linear mode

Subject: "Best compact waterproof camera ?" Previous topic | Next topic
stash Gold Member Charter MemberMon 10-Jun-13 01:19 AM
570 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Best compact waterproof camera ?"
Mon 10-Jun-13 01:20 AM by stash

Auburn, US

Just taking a poll for a nice compact waterproof P&S. Would like input on your waterproof camera any brand. Pros and cons.

PS---I was looking at the Olympus TG-2 but it does not allow for Picture control, "contrast, color saturation, etc" only in camera Olympus JPG processing.

Thanks

Stash

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

snegron Silver Member Nikonian since 05th May 2007Mon 10-Jun-13 01:23 AM
1578 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Best compact waterproof camera ?"
In response to Reply # 0

Cape Coral, Florida, US

I have had great luck with Panasonic TS series (I have owned the TS-1 and TS-3). Yesterday I used my TS-3 at Disney in the middle of a strong Florida rain shower. I have also used it underwater in the past. Great little camera imo!

nzyme Silver Member Nikonian since 28th May 2010Wed 12-Jun-13 01:27 AM
93 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Best compact waterproof camera ?"
In response to Reply # 0

Te Anau, NZ

Hi:

I have had 2 Panasonic P&S waterproof cameras - The TS1 and the TS2. Both failed. The TS1 corroded within 6 months even though proper care was observed. The TS2 failed first time snorkelling - water leak.

I now have a Nikon AW100 but have not tried it under water yet. I am not really impressed with the still picture quality, although the movies look OK.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #88903 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.