Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #88882
View in linear mode

Subject: "Nikon USA support and email" Previous topic | Next topic
benveniste Moderator Awarded for is high level skills in various areas, including Macro and Landscape Photography Nikonian since 25th Nov 2002Sat 08-Jun-13 05:24 PM
9518 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
"Nikon USA support and email"

Boston Area, US

I think this only applies to Nikon USA customers.

Late last month, I received email from Nikon USA with the subject "Your Nikon account is getting some upgrades!" It warned me "As part of the upgrade process, we'll be asking you to reset your password."

Today I tried signing in to register a couple of new Nikon 1 toys (SB-N7, 30-110mm). Sure enough, I got a page stating that I needed a password reset and that Nikon would send me email with a link. The email never arrived.

I run my own mail server, so I had a gander at the logs and found several entries of the following form:

Jun  8 13:17:59 dossier postfix/smtpd{8421}: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from smtp.staffordnet.com{66.11.129.40}: 
450 4.1.8 <no-reply@mail.nikonsso.com>: Sender address rejected: Domain not found;
from=<no-reply@mail.nikonsso.com> to=<nikon@dossier.us> proto=ESMTP helo=<smtp.staffordnet.com>
Well, it turns out that nikonsso.com isn't correctly set up to resolve correctly, at least not from my home or my server. Hence the "Sender address rejected" email. While I was able to temporarily turn off that particular option and finally get my password reset email, my guess is that few other people here have that option.

I've dropped a note to Nikon customer support indicating the problem, but if you aren't getting email from Nikon USA, this may explain why.

"There is no real magic in photography, just the sloppy intersection of physics and art." — Kirk Tuck

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Nikon USA support and email
kennoll Gold Member
08th Jun 2013
KenLPhotos Gold Member
08th Jun 2013
Ned_L Moderator
08th Jun 2013
Ned_L Moderator
09th Jun 2013
Ned_L Moderator
10th Jun 2013
Reply message RE: Nikon USA support and email - Finally got reset ema...
Ned_L Moderator
10th Jun 2013
kennoll Gold Member
10th Jun 2013
Ned_L Moderator
10th Jun 2013
KenLPhotos Gold Member
11th Jun 2013
Ned_L Moderator
11th Jun 2013

kennoll Gold Member Nikonian since 07th Feb 2011Sat 08-Jun-13 06:50 PM
801 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Nikon USA support and email"
In response to Reply # 0

Seattle, US

Thanks for the heads-up Michael. I have the same problem. Since I don't have my own mail server I'll probably give them a call.

Ken
Seattle, WA
My Gallery

KenLPhotos Gold Member Nikonian since 26th Jul 2009Sat 08-Jun-13 08:51 PM
1418 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Nikon USA support and email"
In response to Reply # 0

Stewartstown, US

Good notice. Please let us know when it is resolved. thanks.

KenL

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

There are many 'images of beautiful objects' but few 'beautiful images of objects'.

Ned_L Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, especially Travel Photography Charter MemberSat 08-Jun-13 09:18 PM
6665 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Nikon USA support and email"
In response to Reply # 0

Philadelphia, US

Hi Michael.

Actually as of today the situation is worse. The login page is blank for many, including me. Even if I had a good password, I've got no place to type it in, at this point.

So, I decided to call NikonUSA. They've informed me they are aware of the situation, first with the email problems, and now with the login page problems. They are hoping to correct this within the next few days, but right now, we're all out of luck.

This isn't the first time NikonUSA has had email problems, by the way. About 3 years ago they had similar problems. My Unix Server rejected every email they sent me for a couple of weeks, until they finally got the problem fixed. I'm hoping this problem is resolved far more quickly.

I get in touch with NikonUSA again on Monday, if the problem doesn't seem to be resolved, at least at my end and let everyone know what's going on.

Best regards,

Ned
A Nikonians Team Member

-----------------------------
Visit my Travel Photography Blog and my Galleries.

Ned_L Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, especially Travel Photography Charter MemberSun 09-Jun-13 01:18 PM
6665 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Nikon USA support and email"
In response to Reply # 3

Philadelphia, US

I heard from NikonUSA already this morning. They said they solved the problem with the login page. I tested it myself and found it now works fine and you no longer get a blank page.

That said, they told me they are still working on the email problem. I've tried to get the email sent to me several times today, but haven't gotten any emails. Hopefully that will be fixed later today.

Ned
A Nikonians Team Member

Ned_L Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, especially Travel Photography Charter MemberMon 10-Jun-13 01:40 PM
#5. "RE: Nikon USA support and email"
In response to Reply # 0

Philadelphia, US

Got a call from NikonUSA this morning to tell me it's still not solved, but they are working on it. They tried to send me the password reset manually, and that didn't go through either.

Ned
A Nikonians Team Member

Ned_L Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, especially Travel Photography Charter MemberMon 10-Jun-13 06:47 PM
#6. "RE: Nikon USA support and email - Finally got reset email"
In response to Reply # 0

Philadelphia, US

I finally got my password reset email. I successfully inserted in my new password (yes you can type in your old password if you so desire).

I suggest testing the system again to see if you can get the email too. Please let me know what happened for you. If we still have members who can't get the email, I'll contact NikonUSA again.

Ned
A Nikonians Team Member

kennoll Gold Member Nikonian since 07th Feb 2011Mon 10-Jun-13 08:17 PM
801 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Nikon USA support and email - Finally got reset email"
In response to Reply # 6

Seattle, US

OK, all fixed.

Ken
Seattle, WA
My Gallery

Ned_L Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, especially Travel Photography Charter MemberMon 10-Jun-13 08:26 PM
#8. "RE: Nikon USA support and email - Finally got reset email"
In response to Reply # 7

Philadelphia, US

Great. Glad to hear that Ken.

Ned
A Nikonians Team Member

KenLPhotos Gold Member Nikonian since 26th Jul 2009Tue 11-Jun-13 01:26 AM
1418 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Nikon USA support and email - Finally got reset email"
In response to Reply # 8

Stewartstown, US

Thanks for the update.

KenL

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

There are many 'images of beautiful objects' but few 'beautiful images of objects'.

Ned_L Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, especially Travel Photography Charter MemberTue 11-Jun-13 01:40 AM
#10. "RE: Nikon USA support and email - Finally got reset email"
In response to Reply # 9

Philadelphia, US

You're very welcome Ken.

Ned
A Nikonians Team Member

Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS English Café (Public) topic #88882 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.