nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby CAFÉ English Café (Public) topic #88780
View in linear mode

Subject: "The UK Focus on Imaging show is no more!!" Previous topic | Next topic
richardd300 Silver Member  Dyserth, UK  Nikonian since 19th Apr 2009 Fri 31-May-13 04:59 PM
3640 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"The UK Focus on Imaging show is no more!!"

See this news here http://www.techradar.com/news/photography-video-capture/cameras/focus-on-imaging-photography-show-closes-after-24-years-1155629?src=rss&attr=all I will miss the show as it has been the highlight of my photography year.

Richard

Visit my Nikonians gallery

Visit my website www.pixels4u.co.uk
The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. Einstein

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic

walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Colorado Springs, US  Nikonian since 05th May 2002 Fri 31-May-13 05:31 PM
15120 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: The UK Focus on Imaging show is no more!!"
In response to Reply # 0

I've actually been surprised that many of these trade shows have lasted as long they have. The business has changed a lot in the last few years and just as brick and mortar stores have evaporated, trade shows are becoming a relic of the past. Most recent ones have involved few new announcements since everything gets announced (and rumored) over the internet well in advance. Nevertheless, they'll be missed. I attended some shows on behalf of Nikonians in the past, and they were a lot of fun.

Rick Walker

My photos:

GeoVista Photography

richardd300 Silver Member  Dyserth, UK  Nikonian since 19th Apr 2009 Fri 31-May-13 06:34 PM
3640 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: The UK Focus on Imaging show is no more!!"
In response to Reply # 1

It's only a few years ago since Canon didn't even have a stand at the show. I did note this year that it was quieter than last year, others who went on a different day made the same comment. I think the recession played a role this and subsequent years. It's a shame because it did give one an opportunity to actually physically see the products.

Richard

Visit my Nikonians gallery

Visit my website www.pixels4u.co.uk
The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. Einstein

briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills   Paignton, UK  Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003 Wed 26-Jun-13 09:43 AM
29567 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "Replacement show is planned..."
In response to Reply # 0
Wed 26-Jun-13 09:47 AM by briantilley

Yesterday, UK magazine publisher group Future PLC announced a "replacement" for Focus on Imaging, in a similar early March time slot at the NEC, and aimed at "amateurs, professionals and retailers".

The press release is here.

This is good news, I guess - though we'll need to wait to see which companies and organisations sign up to the show.

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

Forums Lobby CAFÉ English Café (Public) topic #88780 Previous topic | Next topic